Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cutie Pie


Hi there, I'm back again today with a post for Artistic Outpost using their Cutie Pie set.  It has some great retro Valentine's Day images.  You can see that I had fun with this one.  I started by stamping the Be Mine and Cutie Pie sentiments plus the XOXOXO in Real Red on white CS.  With a strip of Real Red CS, I clear embossed more of the same.   I swiped it with Picket Fence distress stain and rubbed it off the embossing with a damp paper towel.  The white heart embossed with the TH BINGO texture fade was actually left over from last week's marathon cupid piece and was still sitting on my desk waiting for its ultimate destiny, which it seems to have found here.

The letters were cut in black and red with the Vintage Market decorative strip die - a little trick I learned from Tim Holtz doing his 12 tags this year.  Gluing the darker shade on the bottom just a tad offset gives them so much more depth.  They were coated with Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.  The strip along the bottom was cut with the Vintage Lace die, one of my current favorite embellishment tools, available in my Etsy shop.



Challenges Entered:
The Craft Room - Valentines

The products shown here were used to create this project.  With the exception of the stamp set, they can all be found in my Etsy boutique.  Check out  my prices on Ranger products - I offer them at less than MSRP.

15 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Once again Linda you have created a card that has beautiful elements, the letters you made are strong and vibrant, and the xoxo stamping on the Bg is a lovely touch along with your stitching, and as you know I love stitching on cards.
Smiles:)

Sarah said...

Just how fun and darling is this little lady ?!!! Great colours, oodles of texture and wonderful details - just love it!

Netty said...

wowee that sure is a stunning card Linda, love it, x

Lisa Minckler said...

This just melts my heart Linda. You are fantastic at creating new ideas for me to be inspired by and always resourceful at using items from other projects. I really love how every one of your projects come together. Love that painted clip too!
I was wondering if you've ever done a tutorial on faux wood bark? I've been experimenting and the texture is not coming out nearly like I would like. Your the guru of amazing techniques so I thought I'd ask. Any tip for me?
Wonderful visiting your blog again.
Hope you're doing well..
hugs,
Lisa xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Darling Valentine! Love the added bingo turned love embossing folder and all the wonderful details!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Linda this is totally ACE, I love that image and what a fantastic design I adore the aged look it gives this creation a touch of nostalgia, I love it.
hugs
Lorraine x

Yvonne Garner said...

A beautiful composition, Linda! I love all the details and just keep wanting go back over and over to enjoy it. Best wishes, Yvonne

May said...

This is soooo cute, such fun, love the colours, and so many fab textures, Fantastic Linda, Hugs May x x x x x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You had me at the stitching! This is the cutest stink'n card eva!!! The recipient will be in awe! Gorgeous work here!

Maria said...

I absolutely love this, and all the techniques you've used - it's beautiful. Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck. Maria x

Zoechaos said...

Super cute and clever Valentines card love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge XOXO Zoe

MarcyK924 said...

OMIGOSH - this is a "framer!" I adore the image, how cute is she! I could look at this all day! That red clothespin is calling to me....XOXO

craft-roomjulia said...

A really cute and beautiful card, I love all the elements, and especially like the stitching. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xx

hazel said...

A super card. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Debi said...

too cute!!! love the image, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, debi x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com