Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Time to Mourn

From The Funkie Junkie
Quick post this morning because I have to fly out the door for work in exactly 31 minutes and haven't even started to get ready! No time to finish off the inside of this card before posting. When I finish it later this week, I'll update this post with shots of the inside.

This card was made with the Old World Flourishes set from Layers of Color. It is so wonderfully flexible and I have a suspicion that it is going to be my go to set for dozens of future cards. I needed a sympathy card and another Beatitude came to mind while I was sitting in church this past Sunday listening to the homily on the Beatitues. I used the large flourish from this set to create my background paper. Plus I clear embossed the same flourish pattern on the black for a black-on-black effect. The sentiment was computer generated. I think everything else is pretty self evident, but post any questions you have and I'll be happy to fill in any details of interest.

Don't forget, Layers of Color has a huge autumn release coming up November 14th and 15th. Get your pre-release party favors the week of November 7th. More details here.

Have a BLESSED day!

Update: This card was featured on Card of the Week.

10 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Beautiful, deep & rich--what a lovely sympathy card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Linda! It will certainly touch the person who receives it.

Abby:)

Beautiful Greetings said...

Linda this is just a gorgeous sympathy card. I love the sentiment and the way you embossed the black on black. Fabulous job.

Anonymous said...

Linda this is beautiful and I'm sure will be a comfort to whoever you're sending it to. Sue x

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

WOW, Linda! What a spectacularly beautiful gift! LOVE the details!

Deb said...

it is stunning Linda and a very touching sentiment! hugs debx

Denise @ kc242 said...

This is a beautiful card from you Linda! Your vintage style radiates through all of your creations. Beautifully done sentiment card.

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is really gorgeous Linda!! Love how this set really makes the whole card stand out and what a beautiful sentiment!! TFS! HUGS

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Linda - this is one gorgeous and elegant card! I know it will be appreciated by the person receiving it - such a 'work of the heart!' I am so thrilled to be working with you for the New Release Party!! Thanks for sharing and always inspiring!! God bless you!
Linda LOC Design Team

Danielle Holsapple said...

Sympathy cards can be hard to make...this is just beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com