Monday, November 2, 2009

A Hug for Jaimie

From The Funkie Junkie

Greetings and welcome to my blog! I know it's been a long hop and you must be getting tired. Thank you for hanging in and making it this far. You've come full circle and after leaving here, you'll head back to the main blog Stamp Something...for Jaimie.

If you haven't arrived here through the Spread the Love Blog Hop, here is a brief recap of what this blog hop has been about. On the night of October 4th in Mont Vernon, New Hampshire four local teenagers with knives broke into the Cates home. They murdered Jaimie's mom, Kimberly Cates and severly wounded Jaimie. It was an act of random violence for no other reason than to commit violence. Here is a link to the news article if you wish to read more.

A good friend of a Cates neighbor, Erin Bailey, started this internationl blog hop to raise awareness of the crime and to show love and hope to Jaimie. Anyone who can, is asked to send a card as soon as possible to Jaimie.

Here is the card I am sending to Jaimie. I don't know much about her, but was told she is 11 years old, is not a girly girl but loves pink and black. She enjoys snowboarding and has a black belt in karate. Even though she isn't a girly girl, I still wanted to make something sweet and soft, something loving and nurturing. So I searched through my stamp collection and found this sweet Sarah Kay image. I wanted the card to be bright so I found this striped paper from Creative Memories in my stash and paired it up wth Certainly Celery. The Night of Navy was run through the Cuttlebug with the Paisley embossing folder, which I thnk sponged with white craft ink. I love the way it looks - sort of like faded denim. The "Hug" seal is a digital download from Katie Pertiet with Designer Digitals. A little hemp ribbon (not too girly) plus buttons and a double hemp bow finish off the front of the card.


The inside of the card was finished off with coordinating papers and colors. The 'With Love' is a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I also sponged it with white craft ink for that soft faded denim look.

I hope you will take the time to show Jaimie some love by sending her a card. All the details can be found on the Stamp Something...for Jaimie blog which is your next and last stop on this hop.

Update: This card was featured on Card of the Week.

46 comments:

Juls said...

stunning! Love the image, Its coloured beautifully, love the embossed background and the twine detail!

Basement Stamper said...

Linda, I think she will love your card, is is beautiful!

Do What You Love said...

This is a lovely card you made for Jaimie. Being a participant in the blog hop, I am just hopping around to see all the lovely cards the participants made. Jaimie is really going to be touched!

Anonymous said...

Oh so absolutely ADORABLE!! I love your image and your coloring is so pretty!! LOVE the fun hug circluar sentiment too!! Thanks for your support!! HUGS

Dianne said...

This is so sweet! I am sure Jaimie will love it.

Beautiful Greetings said...

I love this card Linda. Such a cute image. I am sure she will just love this.

Unknown said...

What a great card you made for Jamie!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Gorgeous card Linda! Love that sweet image and those fun colors. Thanks so much for joining in our hop today! :)

Anonymous said...

A truly stunning card - I just love those images!!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card, I'm sure it will be loved by Jaimie. Sue x

Stampinsilvia said...

ophhhh what FAB coloring! I lov elove love it and am sure Jaime will too

Darlene said...

This is SO ADORABLE ... I'm sure Jaimie is going to just LOVE it ... I know I do!! Thanks for helping to "spread the love" ... we can only hope it helps to put a smile on young Jaimie's face!

Tanya said...

Awesome card!!!

kim.mom said...

So sweet - love Sarah Kay's images!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Hello Linda, what a very special card for Jaimie!! Your coloring is beautiful,and I love that HUG seal!! Thank you for spreading the love for Jaimie and thank you too for your comment on my blog, it really connected with me. The love that is being expressed today has given me hope too! HUGS,Deena

Hearts Turned said...

What an adorable card, and what a thoughtful thing to do.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card the image is very cute ,,, everything about this is lovely :-) I am sure Jaimie will just love this :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Mira said...

Your card is so beautiful :)
I'm sending mine today.

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Linda, this is really cute! It makes me miss my Holly Hobbie dolls :) Jaimie will love it, I'm sure! Glad to see you on the hop!

Janna :)

Shelly said...

Beautiful card, Linda!!!

Mary said...

What a beautiful card!

hugs
Mary

Golden said...

Your card is very lovely. Thanks for allowing us to hop along for Jaimie. I posted a card on my blog and will be making more.

Suzanne said...

Love it! I will be making a card for Jamie tonight in the hope that we can offer her some love and a wee bitof hope for the future
Hugs
Suzanne x

Splendid Little Stars said...

Wow! The inside is awesome, too! love the denim look and the hemp and the round "hug." cool idea to ink the raised embossed areas.

Ginny said...

she'll love it, posted my card to her today :0)

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card Linda!
Jamie will LOVE it!
So glad to be a part of spreadig the love with you!
Hugs,
True :)

Stitchinwitch said...

Fabulous card

Mette said...

Stunning card. The colours and elements used work real well together and such a sweet image.

Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Mette

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a fab card! Love the colours and how you coloured the embossed paper, it´s gorgeous!

Hugs
Maarit

Joey said...

Hi Linda

your card is beautiful! fantastic colours and image.

Joey.x

Tammy Miller said...

great card, wonderful cause!

Erin... said...

this is gorgeous! beautiful colors and I love all the embellies and details! thanks for being part of the hop, hugs, erin

Susa said...

What a beautiful card!!

I'll make mine to her tonight.

Hugs, Susa

Carolyn said...

Lots and lots of lovely cards to see on your blog, Linda! It's always a treat coming to visit you. This card for Jaimie is very sweet and special. I am sure she will love it. I am going to be sending her one too along with prayers.

Carolyn

Annette Bowes said...

Just beautiful, your colouring is wonderful, congratulations on your feature card of the week, well deserved! Take CareX:)

Unknown said...

Linda this is beautiful, just perfect for this brave young girl. Hugs Avril xxx also congratulations on your award for "Card of the WEEK" xxx

Anne H. said...

WOW - your card for Jaimie is adorable!
Lovely details and I love the SK-image!
Take care xx
Anne -:)

Manna said...

Love your card!

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A beautiful card for Jaimie x I'm sure these will bring a much needed smile to her face x

Moshie said...

I love your card!!! Love all the special detail!

Sharon said...

Totally gorgeous card Linda. I love your choice of papers and patterns and the image is gorgeous and beautifully coloured!

Sharon said...

Totally gorgeous card Linda. I love your choice of papers and patterns and the image is gorgeous and beautifully coloured!

Shana said...

You are so talented! Wow! Great design, papers, image and detail.

KarenB said...

Your card is devine!

Anne said...

What a lovely card for Jaimie, very nice. I made a card for Jaimie too

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com