Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Doodle Dots and Dashes

From The Funkie Junkie
This week's challenge at the Creative Card Crew is to add a doodle to your card. Well I tried and failed quite miserably. So I dug out this doodly set from SU called Time Well Spent. My concession to doodling is the dots and dashes around the edge of the circles. The other girls in the CCC DT have some great samples to help you get started on this challenge so be sure to hop over and check them out. Conindendently, the Flourishes blog has a wonderful tutorial by Jenny Gropp on doodling. You might want to stop over there and read it before you start your doodling.

My DT card is pretty simple this week. The base and matting card stock is from last season's SU In-Colors - Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss which happened to match up pretty well with the colors in the Early Bird papers from Cosmo Cricket. The bottom panel of Kiwi Kiss was run through the Bloom Dots Cuttlebug EF. The coloring was done with Copics on Neenah Solar White card stock and the circles and tag were cut with Spellbinders dies. Thanks for visiting. Can't wait to see what you all come up with for doodling this week on your cards!


Update: This card was featured on Card of the Week.

6 comments:

Juls said...

fab card! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card again, I think dots and dashes count as doodling, they do in my book ! Sue x

Anonymous said...

Wow Linda your card is so much fun....love all the little details! And the colors you chose are perfect! Always a pleasure visiting your blog.

Abby:)

Debbie said...

Hi Linda what a sweet card - lovely design and images. :)
Hope you are well. :)

xxDebbiexx

Beautiful Greetings said...

Great card Linda. I just love the colors you chose and I would never have known you doodled, I thought it was part of the stamp! Great job!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, love the fresh colors.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com