Monday, December 12, 2016

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #12

Double click any photo to zoom in for details.
It's a wrap, folks, the official end of the 2016 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style. Today I am presenting my last tag.  You have until next Monday, December 19th, to submit all your entries.  Please take a moment to review the challenge requirements found in the Tag #1 post.  The prizes are significant and the chances to win are very high since we probably won't have more than 20 entries.  We will be giving away one $50 gift certificate and two $25 gift certificates, plus everyone who completes the challenge will receive a coupon worth 15% off in January.  Don't forget, January is when all the new products are released so that coupon plus the normal Funkie Junkie Boutique discount will get them at a full 35% off list for you!


Here is my tag #12.  I started with my normal jumbo manila tag.  I like the jumbo tags because it gives me a nice big canvas for my projects.  I inked up my Wendy Vecchi Text stamp with Jet Black Archival and very lightly stamped random bits around the tag.   I embossed the evergreen sprig with Ranger's Weathered White embossing powder in several places.  Then it was time for color.  Pine Needles and a little Mown Grass DI were blended onto the tag using the Mini Ink Blending Tool.  A little spritz and flick action with water and Tim Holtz's Distress Spray Bottle gave the ink a distressed look which was added to by inking the edges with Walnut Stain.  Then, using the Spatter Brush, Picket Fence dots were added to look like snow.


I decided to make a pocket for my tag.  Taking another manila tag, I slathered it with gesso, let it dry and then inked the entire surface with Walnut Stain DI.  I cut off the piece I needed and cut a fancy opening using one of the labels dies from the Labels Thinlits set.  It's an oval die and by laying it half way over the top of the pocket, I cut a pretty opening.  I also gold foiled the edges using a glue stick for adhesive and Prima foil - love that effect!  Once the tag piece was finished, it was glued to the tag.  Several pieces of "greenery" were cut with both the Holiday Greens and Mini Holiday Greens sets and tucked into the pocked.  A sentiment was stamped on it and a small piece of ephemera was tucked into the pocket.  It still needed a bit to look finished so I added a couple of foil snowflakes from the Idea-ology Gilded Christmastime rub ons and clipped on another small bit of ephemera.  The 'Noel' was cut with the Vintage Tidings Thinlits and the tag was topped off with a twine bow and a couple of silver charms that we sell at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.


Now it's over to you.  Can't wait to see what you make for Week #12.  Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments and gorgeous eye candy that have been contributed to this challenge.  I'll be around to finish visiting all the entries this week.








The products below were used to make this tag.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz, Ranger and most other name brand products are always 20% below list.



12 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

Linda, this may be my favorite yet! I just love every element, especially the pocket! Thanks for another great round of inspiration. I hope your sales go through the roof and you will continue this challenge next year. Christmas blessings, Autumn <3

Jane said...

A gorgeous finale Linda. I love that pocket and the greenery..I have been working on my version this afternoon. I hope to finish it and get it photographed tomorrow.Thanks so much for hosting the challenge again, it really is my favourite Christmas challenge. Merry Christmas to you and yours xxx

SusanK said...

I wish I'd seen the challenge sooner but given my calendar I probably couldn't have participated anyway. But it's been a blast seeing the tags you've created to inspire others. Good luck to all those who've participated! Maybe next year...

Suzanne C said...

A beautiful finish to a beautiful set of tags this year! Thank you so much for the inspiration Linda! I have enjoyed seeing what you created each week and it kept my mojo in gear! Looking forward to playing with a pocket tag.

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, glorious! Really looking forward to this one... I think I'll save it for last as a treat!! I love that distressed look on the pocket and the beautiful white pines against the spritzy green inkiness - stunning.
Alison x

sarascloset said...

Wow, Linda, this is like the grand finale at the 4th of July fireworks display! You oooh and aahh, and jump up and down with delight through the entire show, but then the end...wow, the end! It's just spectacular and so exciting, but just a tinge disappointing, knowing you will have to wait an entire year for the fun to start again!

Holy cow, Linda, this is the piece de resistance, the icing on the cake, the finale of the fireworks all rolled into one gorgeous and festive tag! I love the inky background with my favorite colors and those crisp boughs and flurries! And the pocket is my favorite little feature! I can see it with a Funkie Junkie gift card tucked in there! Yippee!

It's been a wonderful time! You have been a super tremendous inspiration, and I know I would not have gotten a single Christmas card done without you awesome tags to spur me on! I've got one cued up and the last to have fun with! My wheels are turning in anticipation! THANK YOU so much for this wonderful challenge and your generous sponsorship! I'll be back to comment on each as soon as I can get through the next few days--it will be my little pre-Christmas treat to myself! Sending you warm Christmas wishes and hugs!

Unknown said...

This tag with its cute pocket and lovely greenery is a beautiful finish! I have so enjoyed all of your tags and seeing how they inspired other crafters. My favorite thing about the holiday season is all preparation and activities that lead up to the celebration - and this challenge is a wonderful part of that. Thanks for the inspiration and have a wonderful holiday!

Words and Pictures said...

So loved playing with this one... it was the last one I made, and it was a treat to play, but I'm saving 6 and 7 for my final posts as they ended up being my favourites (probably!), but this one runs them very close! Brilliant, brilliant design and, like Sara Emily, I'm going to adapt it to create some gift voucher holders for various family gifts too... Just a bit more time needed at the craft table then!
Alison x

craftytrog said...

I love this beauty Linda! Thanks for another wonderfully festive challenge!
Wishing you a happy and peaceful Christmas and 2017!
Alison xxx

mandysea said...

Thanks so much Linda! I've thoroughly enjoyed creating along with all your amazing inspiration this year! I've found myself doing things I just haven't got around to, have forgotten to, or just plain wouldn't! Your tags have been amazing - and its been a hoot!
Thanks also for the lovely encouraging comments you've left too. Have a wonderfully blessed Christmas to you and yours!

LauraVi said...

Thank you, Linda for this 12 inspirational creative weeks! I hope to see you again for 12 Tags of Christmas 2017!

Birgit said...

I can't believe I made it! I just love all your tags!! I found them such an inspiration. This one is so beautiful

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com