|Double click any age to zoom in for details.|
- This is an inspiration challenge. Each week, I will post my tag and you will use it to be inspired to make something. You can enter any sort of craft. It can be a tag, a card, a home decor project, a scrapbook layout - your choice but please make it winter or Christmas related.
- You must take inspiration from something on my tag and tell us in your post what inspired you. You don't have to use my style, my layout, my colors, my theme or anything except be inspired by something on my sample. Your make can be shabby, it can be grungy or it can be clean and simple. I don't mind if you CASE my work, but if you do, please give me credit.
- We will have 12 weekly challenges beginning Tuesday, September 19th. You can link your project using the linky provided at the very bottom of the post.
- To be eligible for the drawing at the end of the 12 weeks, you must: 1) enter all 12 challenges, 2) provide a link back to this challenge and mention that it is sponsored by my store The Funkie Junkie Boutique, with a link to the boutique www.thefunkiejunkie.com.
- You do have to have a blog (or some other way to provide the required links and inspiration information).
- All 12 challenges will remain open until midnight Eastern time on December 20, 2016. You can play any of the 12 challenges up through that date in any order. To be eligible for the prize drawing, you must have submitted an entry into all 12 of these challenges by midnight Eastern time December 19th.
- On December 21st, from the pool of players who participated in every single challenge and provided a link to the challenge and a link to my store on their post, I will draw three winners. There will be one $50 grand prize gift certificate to The Funkie Junkie Boutique given out plus two runner up prizes of $25 gift certificates.
- Additionally, everyone who participated in all the challenges and met the requirements will receive a 15% off coupon good for their entire order at The Funkie Junkie Boutique during the month of January 2016.
- Here is the blog publication schedule for my 12 inspiration tags: Week 1 - September 26, Week 2 - October 3 Week 3 - October 10, Week 4 - October 17, Week 5 - October 24, Week 6 - October 31, Week 7 - November 7, Week 8 - November 14, Week 9 - November 21, Week 10 - November 28, Week 11- December 5, Week 12 - December 12, December 19 - challenge closes.
Here's my first tag for the 2016 challenge. I started with a jumbo manila tag and used an old Hero Arts music stamp, stamping with Jet Black archival ink. A little Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain were blended on the tag and along the edges and then Tarnished Brass Distress Mica Spray was applied to give it little bling. The next layer was stars stenciled on using a Tim Holtz stencil and Wendy Vecchi's White Embossing Paste. Once the Embossing Paste was dry, I rubbed a little Inka Gold Old Gold over each start to make them shine. Then it was time to add some die cuts and I had some fun with two new Tim Holtz Thinlits die sets - the Dimensional Stars and Tree Line. LOVE the new Tree Line. It is so delicate. Somehow I just had to do them in black rather than green. I made a double line of trees and dry brushed the edges with a little Tarnished Brass distress paint. The dimensional stars were cut from white card stock and painted gold with Tarnished Brass distress paint. I added a little gold netting and a sentiment with Small Talk Stickers.
The products below were used to make the above tag and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Ranger, Tim Holtz and most other name brands are always 20% below MSRP.