Monday, November 28, 2016

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #10

Double click image to zoom in for details.
Well gang, here we are at Week #10 already.  Here in the USA, Thanksgiving has come and gone and now we are slammed into Christmas. My daughter was here for Thanksgiving and when we got up on Friday morning she cheerfully announced "It's Christmas!".  And just like that, we blinked and went from fall to winter.  Even the weather has been cold - we had frost two times last week here in north Florida!  I hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving last week had a fabulous family holiday.  It's a huge amount of work to do all the cooking and baking, but it can be such a blessed time with family that makes it all worth the hard work!  I was rewarded after struggling a full day to make apple and pumpkin pies by my family's feedback.  They said it was the best apple pie they ever had :)

So on to our Week #10 tag.  I had fun with neutrals again this week, using kraft, white and black with a tiny pop of red.  I started with a jumbo manila tag and overlaid it with a sheet of kraft, cut to fit over the tag.  I used Ranger's Glacier White pigment ink, first stamping with Wendy Vecchi's polka dot stamp and then Tim Holtz's Mini Weathered Winter stamp set.

Then out came the Mini Doodle Greetings set, stamped with Glacier White pigment ink onto black card stock. I dry rubbed a small amount of the Glacier White with my finger over the stamped black panel to make it look like a chalkboard.

My central panel is a piece of corrugated cardboard, ripped and smeared with white gesso (used my finger),   Next a small remnant of shabby brown flocked dotted ribbon was wrapped over the cardboard.  Last, I cut three of three snowflakes from the Stacked Snowflake die out of kraft chipboard.  I rubbed white gesso over the three snowflakes and while wet, sprinkled Rock Candy distress glitter over it.  My focal element was topped off with a double twine bow and a tiny red flower that I made recently with the Tiny Tattered Florals die and never used.

The tiny deer was brushed with Picket Fence distress paint (to whiten it up a bit) plus a bit of Rock Candy distress glitter was added.  A Kaisercraft holly flourish was added to top it off.  I felt like it still needed something so I cut three of the Paper Snowflakes, Mini from the season's Tim Holtz Mini Stash Tidings.  It still needed something more so I used a strip of the Design Tape - Tidings along the top and bottom.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  My sincere apologies if you have linked up and I have't been by to visit. It's been crazy with Thanksgiving, the family in town and then the Black Friday sale at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  I am determined to catch up this week an can't want to see what you all have been making!

If you haven't jumped into this challenge yet, there is still time.  You can get the full details here on my Week #1 post.  There are gift certificates to The Funkie Junkie Boutique being given away and everyone who properly completes the challenge will get a coupon for 10% off The Funkie Junkie Boutique in January - and yes, the coupon will work on the CHA pre-orders!








These products were used to create the project above.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz, Ranger and most other name brand products are always 20% off retail.



8 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Another beauty! I love the color combination and will get right on it! :)

sarascloset said...

Linda, this one's a beauty! Well, they all are! I love the rustic look to this, and the little pop of red really sets that gorgeous stacked snowflake off! I think this one's going to be fun to make! So happy you were rewarded with heartfelt praise for your pies and had a wonderful Thanksgiving! These days speed by, don't they? Hugs!

craftytrog said...

I think this is my favorite so far Linda! It's stunning!

Jackie PN said...

I love the rusticness of this tag and that pop of red! Perfect polka dots as well!
hugs,Jackie

Jane said...

Gorgeous tag Linda and I have got back on track with my entries!

Marty F said...

I love how dainty this looks, Linda, and love the colors. You have another awesome snowflake! Looking forward to making this one :-)

Words and Pictures said...

I love this elegant tag - the polka dot ribbon echoing the polka dot background, and that fabulous chalkboard sentiment - a really fabulous piece of inspiration.
Alison x

Birgit said...

I love the blackboard look on this and when I see this card and the next one, I think of of that song "Country Christmas)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com