Our Creative Corner. This week, Lori asked us to find an old card or project that we had made and give it a makeover. Above is my makeover of this card that I originally made when I first started with Our Creative Corner almost three years ago. The challenge I made it for was to use light pink, hot pink, brown and white.
For my makeover, I started by scoring one inch diamonds with my ScorePal on white CS. I stamped the grids using a tiny floral stamp made by Inque Boutique (had it about 2 years). I used my new distress markers in Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint to color the stamp, huffed and stamped. As you can see it took a lot of huffing and stamping to create my stamped BG but I was very happy with the way it turned out - and I found out that I really like the Worn Lipstick pink.
I created a two layer frame chipboard frame using the Baroque and Mini Baroque M&S dies. The bottom layer was painted with Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint and the top frame piece was first painted white with Snow Cap paint dabber and then I mixed Watermelon alcohol ink with Pearl Mixative and a squirt of blender solution on a felt applicator and applied it to the prepped surface.
I included some tribud Venise Lace - so pretty and matches the Ranger color palette perfectly. I created a worn silver piece by adhering a small piece of Ranger Foil Tape to a piece of CS and then cut and embossed it with an old Spellbinder die. I went over it with a Pitch Black paint dabber, let it dry a bit and then wiped it all off with a paper towel leaving a tarnished silver effect. The tribud was white and I painted it with my water brush by brushing across the Worn Lipstick pad, picking up ink that way and brushing it on the tribud. Mixing the ink with water that way makes it really absorb the color rather than the color just sitting on the top layer.
I cut just two layers of crinoline with the largest Tattered Floral shape and dyed it with a bit of Worn Lipstick - smooshed the pad into my craft sheet, misted with water and created a small pool of ink to dye the crinoline. The ivory venise heart is from my boutique and I created the heart center piece by die cutting a heart with the Mini Hearts M&S die, stamped as I stamped my BG and then gave it one coat of UTEE and sponged Vintage Photo DI over it. I love the crazed porcelain effect it created! My pink matting layer is simply what CS that I sponged the edge with Worn Lipstick DI to match my color palette. That's it! Let me know if you have any questions.
Now have some fun by checking out all the old cards and made-over new cards the design team has to inspire you over at Our Creative Corner. And then find an old card that you would like to update and join in the fun with us for this challenge. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great weekend!