Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jack, the Huckster


Hello and thanks for dropping back by.  I'm happy to be able to share a card I made for the May Artistic Outpost release with the fun Kudzu Kafe plate.  I'm also happy to share that I have been invited back for a second term as a guest designer for this awesome company.  I really love their vintage style stamps and thoroughly enjoyed my first term as a GD, both because of the fun of working with the wonderful stamp designs and being able to design along side such awesome designers.

Here I used the ticket stamp from this set.  I thought it was so cute that it says Jack and the Bean Stalk and decided to create my own kudzu stalk.  I used an old lattice style die from Cuttlebug and embossed it with Vintage Photo Distress EP for a rusty look.  The leaves are from a Sizzlets die.  I had a chuckle when I looked at the kid on the ticket, whom I persisted in thinking of as Jack.  Methinks Jack is a bit of a huckster, selling carnival tickets to come in and see the beanstalk.  So I used the "be honest" stamp on a tattered banner to remind Jack not to stretch the truth too far!

The gingham stamp is from Wendy Vecchi.  I wanted to keep the country feel, butvstamped it in Ripe Persimmon to give the whole piece a bit of zing.  The summer scene in the background is from an older AO stamp, one of my favs, Keeper.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'll be back later this month with the sensational July release fro Artistic Outpost.  You won't want to miss that one!









These products from The Funkie Junkie Boutique were used in making this card:


7 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

So most people would root around in their stash to find appropriate backing papers, but not you... I adore that gingham and your choice of stamps. The Persimmon is so hot and summery (I can still remember what that's like, just!) and your storytelling with the different elements is superb. This is one of those cards you could just sit and look at for hours. A triumph. Thanks for sharing your genius, hugs Buttons x

Sophie said...

Eine sehr schöne Karte...

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, love the texture you have brought to it and the stitching of the image and banner!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love this Linda!!! The kudzu growing up the trellis is genius! Congrats on GD again!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Love the layering of the stamped images, and the gingham's perfect.

Barb Turpin said...

Love your cards...I wish I could do vintage! I love this little image too!

Lisa Minckler said...

Kudos to you for another term with your design team..that's wonderful news. As for your card, I love the beanstalk you've created. The burlap underneath lends great texture illusion to a tree and the gingham stamp really does support the country theme very well. Your combination of rustic vintage are spot on. Beautiful card.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com