Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pion Designs + Tim Holtz Pocket Envelope


Greetings blogging friends!  It's Saturday and that means another challenge is kicking off at Our Creative Corner.  This week it is Meihsia Liu's week to host our challenge and she has a sketch challenge for us.
I decided to rotate the sketch 90 degrees to the left which allowed it to work better with the elements I wanted to use.  I started with a quarter sheet of the Pion Designs Studio of Memories paper that I carry in my Zibbet shop.  I just love the soft vintage feel of this paper.  I matched it up with a couple of die cut strips (using the TH Vintage Photo die) from an old book plus a strip of printed ruler from one of the sheets of this designer paper.  I sponged all the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink.  

The sentiment is from a Wendy Vecchi set covered with one coat of UTEE and then Vintage Photo Distress Ink, layered over a die cut from the Tattered Banners die.  How do you like that fabulous envelope?  Remember interoffice envelopes that offices used to use to send documents and correspondence from department to department.  I used the Regal Flourishes texture fade on it along with sponging with Vintage Photo.

The jute ribbon and the Venise lace applique are both from the shop and the hearts are all from a Sizzix die.  I hand dyed, hand painted the lace applique and love the way it came out. A bow was required so I dyed a scrap of seam binding with a blend of Stormy Sky and Weathered Wood Distress Inks.   I hope you will stop by Our Creative Corner to see all the wonderfully creative ways the team used Meishsia's sketch.

17 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...stunning...loVe the shabby vintage vibe a beautifully put together card...Mel :)

Pam said...

Love, love, love. So shabby beautiful!

iReneM said...

Oooh, this is sooo beautiful - I love everything about this.
The Pion papers are gorgeous - and yes! - I love the embossed envelope :)
x

Leigh said...

Love it. Absolutely fabulous interpretation of the sketch. All the different elements are gorgeous.

StampAcademy said...

Your card is gorgeous, Linda! I love everything about it!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Absolutely stunning Linda!!! Love the envelope on the front...wonderful idea!

Shelly Hickox said...

I love what you've done with that envelope die! I just got it and haven't used it yet. The flowers are a brilliant touch. LOVE you work so much!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Such a gorgeous layout and your attention to detail is wonderful. I love the use of dies and your lovely subtle colour palette giving it a lovely vintage feel. The envelope is stunning. All the time you put into your creations is very appreciated on my part. Enjoy your weekend. Tracy xn

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love the envelope and the embossing is fab ! Sue C x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Gosh Linda you worked the sketch so well, I love all the Texture and warmth you have created here.
Smiles:)
Sue

May said...

Adore the shabby vintage look & feel, its a beautiful creation Linda...love what you have done with the sketch Hugs May x x x

Sharon Wheet said...

Linda, I was wondering if someone would rotate the sketch. And you did another fabulous job! I just love your shabby style and the vintage charm your paper crafts have!
the pocket card is just quaint. I love it! and the little lace elements add such a soft feminine touch!
Thank you for showing us some Pion papers from Poland, just beautiful! too.
Have a wonderful weekend, and safe travels. hugs, sharon w.

Sandy said...

This is beautiful and I sure wish I could make this style . I sure do love it.
Sandy

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I have to go start dinner, but oh, my...this is fabulous! I love the whole darn thing. I'm going to have to come back and look some more...yummy!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous, as always, Linda! Love how you flipped the sketch and the pocket envelope is fabulous touch. Hope you enjoyed your weekend! Big hugs! :)

Deb Neerman said...

Absolutely stunning, Linda! LOVE what you've done with the envie die ... perfection!

Waseem said...

This is absolutely stunning envelope..thanks you share it.Gift Card envelopes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com