Tuesday, November 28, 2017

2017 Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #10


Tim Holt Tinsel stencil, Mini Paper Snowflakes, Sparkle & Christmas Stamp, BoBunny Glitter Paste, Prima Marketing Metallique Old Silver Wax
Double click any image to zoom in for details.

Welcome to Week #10 of the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style!  My apologies for running a day late this week.  The Thanksgiving holiday just took me out of my routine, with family visiting and then trying to get the Thanksgiving weekend sale off the ground at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  And I have to admit to dragging my heels a bit on posting #10 because I'm just not crazy about the way it turned out.  Although, it is growing on me.  I like it more today than I did yesterday - LOL.

It is definitely understated and doesn't make a comanding presence.  But once you begin to appreciate the sparkly glittery elegance of it, hopefully you will like it too.  Unfortunately, the camera can never capture the true sparkle of the original.

I recently discovered BoBunny's Glitter Paste when I read a post on Autumn Clark's blog about using it.  Wow, I knew then that I had to get my hands on it.  Fortunately one of my suppliers for the Boutique had it and I've stocked some in the Boutique.

I started with a blank jumbo manila tag and slatered it lightly with white gesso, then blended Vintage Photo distress ink over the entire tag.  Next I lightly inked the Sparkle stamp and randomly touched it to the tag.  I didn't want full coverage, but rather a worn look.  The die cuts were made from plain white card stock.  Once the background was created, the next step was to apply the Silver Glitter Paste through the new Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Tinsel.

The bow was quickly colored with Festive Berries Distress Stain with the dabber top, so quick and easy to color with the dabbers.  I'm still annoyed that they have been discontinued.  The wreath and the sentiment panel were colored by blending Pine Needles on white CS and then spritzing with water.  All three pieces were rubbed with Prima Metallique Old Silver Wax (I'm addicted to that stuff!).


The snowflakes were cut from a manila tag that had been painted with white gesso.  Once cut, the Old Silver wax was applied lightly with my fingertip.  The large snowflake was made the same way but instead of wax, I applied Silver Stickles for a glittery effect.  The center of each snowflake was also embellished with Silver Stickles.  I had to settle for 'Winter Wonderland' as a sentiment.  I wanted 'Let it Snow'.  I searched every stamp set and die set I had for that sentiment and couldn't believe that I just don't have one!  The sentiment was silver embossed.

Here is one more shot of the tag on an angle which shows the shine a bit more.

Tim Holt Tinsel stencil, Mini Paper Snowflakes, Sparkle & Christmas Stamp, BoBunny Glitter Paste, Prima Marketing Metallique Old Silver Wax
Double click any image to zoom in for details.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I so appreciate everyone who has visitied and especially those who have joined in the challenge.  If I haven't been by your blog yet to say hello and see your work, I will definitely try to stop by this week.  If you are new to this challenge, there are still four weeks to create and link up 12 tags or other Christmas/winter themed projects and qualify for the prize drawings and a 10% off coupon to use at The Funkie Junkie Boutique in January (on your pre-orders if you wish!).  You can find all the challenge details/requirements in Week #1 post here.









The products below were used to create the above tag.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz/Ranger and most other name brand products are alway 20% below MSRP.





13 comments:

sarascloset said...

Ok, is it safe to say this is a new favorite, Linda?! Wow, I just love all the sparkle, and it figures about the glitter paste...now I must make ANOTHER order! How did I miss this??? Talk about shimmer...that background just melts my heart! "Winter Wonderland" is the perfect sentiment in my humble opinion! Gee, I'm surprised this had to grow on you! It took my breath away as soon as I first laid eyes on it. The shabby red bow is THE perfect vintage foil to all that razzle dazzle! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Hugs!

Wendy B. said...

Oh, I may just case this one, Linda! Love it! Pine needles stamp and stencil have become a few of my first grabs to use! Your color choices are so soft and delicate, just perfect!

Jane said...

I love the colours of this Linda and you will always win me over with snowflakes ;0) Looking forward to making my #10. I have made #9 just need to blog it! xx

Marci said...

I think this tag is beautiful and elegant.

Maia Baker said...

Beautiful, Linda! I may have missed this but which die is the wreath from?

Tammie said...

Oh my I love this. May I ask what die set the wreath is from?

Kate Yetter said...

I think my favorite part is your stenciled tinsel background. So unique and the perfect amount of texture. I love this tag!
Kate

Lisa said...

I love it! I hope you've grown to love it too because it's beautiful...getting this one together now!

craftytrog said...

Another beauty Linda! xox

Mimi said...

I have to chime in: I'm with Sara... love this one. Something about it speaks to me so much... The symmetry, simplicity, your perfect aging... just love it. Cheers!

Deb said...

Oh my gosh, love the stamped and tinseled background Linda with those lovely snowflakes scattered about, thanks for the inspirations! Deb xo

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous tag! I love the tinsel with the vintage effect! A very Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year Linda! I am done with my tags and sharing them on my blog! Thanks again for the inspiration and fun of hosting the tag challenge! It kept me creating this month!

Words and Pictures said...

Such a lovely tag - and I had a lovely time adapting and making glitter paste too! Merry Christmas to you Linda!
Alison x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com