Monday, November 13, 2017

2017 Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #8

Double click any image to zoom in for details.
Hello and welcome to Week #8 of the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.

This week I strayed away from my vintage roots with a more modern Christmas color palette.  I went with Broken China and Worn Lipstick distress oxide inks.  I colored my jumbo manila tag with Broken China by smooshing the pad down on my craft sheet and then spritzing the ink with water.  The tag was laid over the ink mixture so it picked up the ink.  I dried it with my heat tool and repeated the process several times.  Next it was dry embossed using the new Tim Holtz Simple Snowflakes Texture Fade.  I dry brushed white gesso over all the embossed snowflakes with my finger and then also lightly applied Prima Metalique Old Silver Wax with my finger.  I also lightly blended a bit of white gesso around the edges of the tag using my finger.


Now that the tag base was finished, I cut a white corrugated cardboard banner and rubbed the Worn Lipstick pad along the ridges to create pink stripes.  I applied Worn Lipstick to a sheet of white cardstock using the same technique that I used with the Broken China.  Once it was dried, I used it to cut snowflakes with the Stacked Snowflakes die. Each of the four snowflake layers was lightly edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I decided the snowflakes needed a little texture and lightly heat embossed two of the layers with Hammered Metal embossing powder by Emerald Creek. Hammered Metal EP was also  used on the two holly sprigs, cut with the Mini Holiday Greens Thinlits die set.  My Stacked Snowflake was topped off with a Fluted Star that I toned down a bit with Silver Mixative.


Next I cut a piece of velum the same size and shape as the white corrugated banner and applied the sentiment from the Gilded Christmastime Remnant Rubs.  The Remant Rub adhered perfectly to the velum.  The finishing touch was the line of icicles from Alpha Parts Frozen.  The icicles and the snowflakes at the bottom were rubbed with the Prima Metalique Old Silver Wax.

That's it for Tag #8.  As always, thank you to all my visitors and for the lovely comments.  An extra hug to those of you who are playing along.  It's so much fun to see how you all are interpreting my tags!  If you are new to the challenge and would like to play along, you can find all the challenge information in the Week #1 post here.








These products were used to make the above tag.  They can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where most name brand products are sold at 20% off MSRP.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

7 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

This is lovely! The winter colors are so soft.

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh lovely! I love the faded colour tones, like a frosty morning, and those sprays of holly give it such movement.
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh so gorgeous! I LOVE the flower and sheen!

sarascloset said...

Oh, you could tip me over with a feather! This is so delicate and the colors so soft and muted. There's a combination of grunge and femininity that I adore. A NEW favorite! Hugs!

Monika Gulyas said...

Beautiful tag, great inspiration!!!

Dortesjs said...

Absolutely amazing work ;O)

Mrs.B said...

Love this one, the background is fabulous.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com