Monday, December 1, 2014

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #10

Double click photo to zoom in for details
Welcome friends and followers!  I hope all my American friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving - I did.  Had a lovely day with my mom and dad, brother, daughter and DH.  Our weather has been chilly but dry and sunny - totally a blessing.  And welcome to December and tag #10 of the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style!  Yes, that's right - it's December and Christmas is officially upon us.  Yesterday I cleared alway all my fall decorations and put up Christmas decorations all around my house  - everything but the tree.  We don't get our tree until about one week before Christmas.  

If you are new to my 12 Tags of Christmas challenge and want to play along, you can find all the challenge details and requirements in the Week #1 post.  At the end of the 12 weeks, I'm doing a drawing from the participants and giving away three gift certificates to The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  Plus everyone who properly completes the challenge will receive a 10% off shopping coupon.  There is still time.  You just need to link up 12 tags, cards or other artwork by December 21st.  

I finished another Christmas tag for your inspiration.  Thank you so much to everyone who is playing along and a special welcome to the new players this week!  I have another style that  I played with this week.  You might recall that I mentioned how much fun I have trying so many different styles with my tags.  A couple of weeks ago, it was homespun.  Last week it was black and gold elegant and this week it's a little on the grungy side.  I have to say that I am totally captivated by Astrid McLean's work with texture paste and spray inks.  If you haven't visited her blog, Astrid's Artistic Efforts, you should!  Every time I go there, there is more amazing artwork to ogle!  

I wanted to try something along that line so I selected a pretty filigree stencil from Prima and grabbed my Ranger embossing paste.  But first, I stenciled the Tim Holtz Holly Bough stencil on the entire tag with Pine Needles distress ink.  Then I stenciled on the embossing paste and let it thoroughly dry.  I got out some spray stains and lightly misted it.  I don't even remember exactly which ones I used, but I know I started with Tarnished Brass over the entire tag.   I added a few squirts of Vintage Photo  and there may have been a quick pump or two of Walnut Stain in the texture paste area.  

I cut a heart out of chipboard (didn't have a die the right size/shape) and gave it two coats of Wendy Veechi's Red Geranium embossing powder and while it was still hot, I inked up Tim Holtz's Fabulous Flourishes stamp with gold ink and stamped into the hot EP.  I embellished the tag with a piece of the Trellis die cut, embossed with Queen's Gold EP as well as the holly from Holiday Greens likewise embossed.  The gumdrops from The Funkie Junkie Boutique (not Tim's, mine are a little smaller) were colorized with Red Pepper alcohol ink. The sentiment panel was gold embossed on vellum.  
That's it for week 10.  Have you thought about planing along.  You can be inspired by anyting or everything from my week's tag.  Thanks again for stopping by!

These products used to make the above tag are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Ranger/Tom Holtz and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.  






10 comments:

Heather said...

Linda~ I think this tag could be my favorite!! I love all the colors you used...and the embossing! I need to get out my texture paste! The heart you cut out is perfect and I love the red with gold stamped into it!! For sure this is my favorite...at least till I see next weeks :0)
Can't wait to play later this week!!
Hugs!!
Heather

Susan said...

I love this tag. It is by far my favorite.

Maryanne said...

I love this tag, Linda! I love the colors, the texture and the holly and heart! So, just about everything! Can't wait to work on my own!

Kirsten said...

Such a beautiful tag, I love the red heart amongst the gold.

Elizabeth said...

This week's tag is so beautiful! I can't wait to find time to play catch up. I'm happy for a perfect opportunity to use my Wendy Vecchi gold embossing paste, and new embossing powders.

Lisa Minckler said...

I'm sad Linda, I'll admit it. Only 2 left to go. I've had the best time riding on your coattails of creativity and this tag is yet another. The patina and red and holly took me to a happy place. Your #10 is enchantingly gorgeous!
Happy hump day and thanks so much again.
hugs,
Lisa x

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the background and Astrid's art as well! Fabulous inspiration again!

Jane said...

I also think this is one of my favourites Linda. I loved the holly and the texture as well as the little pop of red. I really enjoyed making this one..only 2 more to go...where have these 12 weeks gone?! X

craftytrog said...

That background looks amazing Linda! Thanks for the inspiration!
Alison xx

Jenny Marples said...

You really got me thinking with this tag and now I can't believe I actually own it! Even better irl if that were possible :) Thank you so much. Jenny x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com