Sunday, December 8, 2013

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #11

Hi everyone, I'm back with week #11 of the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  Here is my inspiration tag for this week.  I really struggled with this one!  I rarely remake a piece.  Usually if I make a "mistake" or don't really like something, I simply keep working with it until it pleases me.  But this is remake #3 for this tag.  

I started with a piece of green dyed seam binding and a star that had been glittered with Broken China DG.  I had both pieces on my work table, left over from another project.  I loved the color combination but couldn't quite duplicate the shade of green with my distress inks.  The first two times I did't like the trees.  For the first one, I stamped a Stampin' Up! evergreen tree using Picket Fence distress paint.  

 Then I sponged over it with my distress inks as well as stamped over it with the music stamp and Vintage Photo DI.  The inks did not rub off the white paint so I trashed that one and made another.  That time I stamped these trees in Picket Fence distress paint and sponged and stamped over them.  Same result.  For this one, I embossed the trees using Weathered White Antiquities EP from the shop.  I really like the way the trees look.  Once stamped and embossed, I sponged the bottom with a combination of Shabby Shutters and the top with Broken China.  I lightly and randomly stamped the Christmas Carol stamp from Holiday Minis with Vintage Photo DI.  

The One the Edge Snowflake die was used to cut chipboard that was coated with Glossy Accents and glittered with Broken China DG.  It's actually two die cuts pieced tother plus I grabbed a small piece I cut off the end and used it on the opposite side.  The mini reindeer was cluttered with Antique Linen DG.  

The sentiment panel was stamped on white CS with embossing ink and coated with fine gold EP, heat embossed and trimmed out by hand.  Then it was trimmed out by hand and sponged with Broken China an a bit of Walnut stain.  

That's it for Tag #11. If you are playing alone and I haven't been buy to comment, my apologies.  I will try to get around to visit everyone this week.  And thanks so mud for playing along!

And if you are not playing, I thank you for visiting and for any comments you wish to leave.  


These products used to make this tag can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Ranger and Tim Holtz products are always 20% below MSRP!

21 comments:

slbt17 said...

it is gorgeous - you did a wonderful job!
Sandra ltb

Unknown said...

Linda, The tag is beautiful. Well worth the 3 tries!

Shirley said...

Another stunner Linda. Shouldn't have a favorite because all the tags are beautiful but this one is probably my #1 - at the moment. Still one more to go so I will wait until then to decide on my all time fave.

Thank you for such a fabulous bit of fun I have loved every minute of it.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Barb Cady said...

Missed you last week, hope you have caught up with everything after the festivities. Lots of inspiration here, love your colour combo and the way you have done the trees and used the snowflake die. I shall be bereft when this challenge ends, it's great fun! X

Viv said...

Fabulous Linda. Well worth the efforts (and I bet the others weren't as bad as you thought either!!)

Maryanne said...

I really like this tag, Linda! I know how sometimes things just don't come together but I think this turned out beautifully. I like the color combination and I love the embossed trees!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Well you may have struggled but it doesn't show, love your use of the snowflake flurries on the edge die! I do love these reindeers...just hope I can catch up! Hugs x

rachel said...

oh Linda - this is wonderful - love it to pieces - can't wait to join in xx

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful blues... it doesn't look like it was a struggle. Gorgeous sparkle and that little deer is adorable. Looking forward to this one!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tag!!! Love it!!

Bast said...

That is Stunning! Love the colors and the background. The addition of the glitter really is beautiful! Thanx for sharing and for the inspiration!

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Suzanne C said...

The word stunning popped into my head too when I saw this. I am so happy to see you extended the challenge. When I get near christmas I have three weeks off and can't wait to catch up and play along with all the beauties!

Hettie said...

Wow!! So scrumptious I could eat it!! I bet the glitter would get stuck in my teeth tho!
Hugs
xx

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, I love the glittered reindeer. And I've already got an idea for my take! (Here's hoping I remember it tomorrow. )

Julie Lee said...

This is just gorgeous! I can't believe you had difficulty with it, it looks so stunningly lovely. I can't wait to play along with this one! I am having such a great time playing catch up. Julie Ann xx

craftytrog said...

What a beautiful design! This will be perfect to adapt for some gift cards for my nieces & nephew.
Alison xxx

Jane said...

I love this one Linda, especially the blue again. I played with mine yesterday and hope to get it photographed at the weekend...there is a serious lack of day light this time of year isnt there ;0) One more to go! I hope to join in the extended ones but I am not sure I will have the crafting time as we have family staying, I hope that is OK? x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Linda you've created an amazing tag. Love the use of the DI, especially the Broken China one.

Claire said...

Wow Linda, you've excelled yourself with this years tags, they are all stunning and packed with so many gorgeous techniques. I just put the bunting up that I made with last years themes and remembered how much I enjoyed making them. I've been too busy at work to join in this year but hopefully now the deadline is extended I'll be able to play catch up
thanks for all the inspiration
Claire xx

Lisa Minckler said...

I am just having more fun than one person should have!! LOL....LOVE your tag Linda and I hope I did it justice. :)
hugs,
Lisa x

Words and Pictures said...

Almost forgot to do it, after all that!! But we're there now... just the bonus tag left to do...
Alison xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com