Thursday, February 23, 2012
Hello and thanks for stopping by. I'm back today to share the details on two of the cards I previewed yesterday with the February Artistic Outpost release. This one is very much a departure from my normal style, but I certainly enjoyed making it and am happy with it as a first attempt. I get a lot of blog hits from Pinterest and sometimes I click on the link to see who has pinned my work and what other work they have on their board. Pinterest is so wonderful and I see a lot of amazing work that way. Last weekend Pinterest brought me to this blog. I just love the way she collaged all of her elements together and decided to give it a try.
A piece of thick chipboard was cut with the Vintage Cabinet Card and Gadget Gears dies and painted with Expresso Paint Dabber. Images from the London Elements set were stamped with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink on canvas and glued to the cabinet card with Claudine Hellmuth's Multi Medium Matte. Then I mixed up a glaze with a little water, a couple of drops of Vintage Photo reinker and more Multi Medium and liberally brushed it over everything. When dry, I repeated the step, building it up around the edges. I did that a couple more times, even coating the twill. When dry, I dripped/painted a little Expresso Alcohol Ink around the edges of the canvas and on the elements. The big stain you see is from here I dripped it on, but decided that was too much so then I went to brushing it on. But I liked the variation between heavy and light so I left it. The gears also had a couple of brushings with the multi medium matte glaze. I mounted the whole piece on a sheet of corrugated cardboard.
And now a few deets on the main card I shared yesterday. I made vintage looking photo using one of the Diesel Punk images, masking it and stamping the engine plans stamp from Industrial Chic set. All black stamping here was done with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink. The gear is just plain chipboard covered with Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint and when dry I went over it with Vintage Photo Distress Stain. The speed limit sign was coated with one coat of UTEE and then sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I used a sheet of Tim Holtz's Kraft Core Core'dinations paper, ran it through the gears embossing fade and then sanded it. The word stamp is from the Artistic Outpost Bluebird set, which is one of my all time favorite AO sets.
That's it for today. I'll be back tomorrow to share the details on another card I made for the release. Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Simon Says Stamp and Show - London, Paris or New York