As promised, I'm going to break down the techniques and share with you some links for more information. All of the stamps except for the flourish are from the new Tim Holtz Christmas set Mini Holidays 3 or his older set Mini Holidays. The flourish is from his Fabulous Flourishes set. I cut tags and thin cardboard backing to match with the Tag and Bookplates die and layered them together so the tags are stiff and will stand up. I decided to make part of my theme 'December 25' so started with the 25 stamp. I used one of the bookplates from the die, cut from cardboard/chipboard. I initially embossed it with Weathered Wood distress embossing powder, but later decided to go with only golds. I already had the Gold Alcohol Ink Mixative on my desk and had been using it for other things so I just gave the frame a coat of the gold mixative.
Vintage Photo DI, fussy cut and then green Stickles was applied. The Merry Christmas was stamped in Ranger Jet Black archival ink onto Kraft Glassine, dried with the heat tool and snipped out to be layered over the holly. Notice the gold dots in the upper right corner? I really liked what TH did on his tag (see Day 6/Steps 15 & 16) but I don't have the speckle stamp nor did I have any gold acrylic paint so I improvised. I found a stamp in my stash that had dots on one side and used that. For the gold paint, I had some gold dimensional paint and managed to use that. The holly on Santa's head has Antique Linen distress stickles applied.
this post - you have to scroll down a bit), the printer's block letters (see GrungeBlocks) and the shabby chic technique on the tag itself. I must say, the faux etched glass technique was really fun and cool to do. And of course, since I introduced black into the color palette, I had to add one of my shabby crinoline flowers. And, hey, like that snowflake metal piece? It's new in my Etsy shop. You can get a pack of just snowflakes or purchase a bigger metal pack with them in it.
On the far right tag, the tag base was covered with a sheet from an old book and then tape was applied and ripped off to remove part of the print (see Day 11, Step 18). Then it was masked and misted with the Vintage Photo/Perfect Pearls (that I often refer to as my homemade glimmer mist). It's all here in Tim's post.
I used Metal Foil Tape Sheets to cover the GrungeBoard letters. Check out Day 10 here for the metal technique. Then I dripped Caramel alcohol ink on the metal and let it run all over it. I had the brilliant idea of painting the raised letters with the gold mixative, but some of the gold ran off and onto the base. So I added more Caramel and pretty soon the gold mixative was running all over the base. I gave up on trying to correct it and decided that I LOVED the way it looked - a happy accident that I couldn't repeat in a million years - LOL. Then I repeated the same mixing of the caramel alcohol ink and gold mixative on the strip of acrylic that I cut with the On the Edge Snow Flurries die. I added another faux etched fragment done with the pine cone stamp, some corrugated cardboard stars that I also brushed with the gold mixative.