Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Peek-a-BOO and a New Design Team

From The Funkie Junkie
I have some exciting news to share with you today. I recently received an invitation to join the wonderful group of papercraft artists at the Creative Card Crew. Of course, I accepted immediately (while jumping up and down). It's a Tuesday weekly challenge and this week's challenge is to make a celebration card. I'm still focusing on all the fall celebrations and chose Halloween for my celebration card.

I love this vintage image from a LunaGirl CD that I have. I printed it out on my home printer. Also, the Graphics Fairy has had some dynomite vintage Halloween images recently and the three letters B-O-O are from her blog. I downloaded them and resized them to fit on my card and to be able to cut with my Circle Nestabilities. The lattice behind the letters is center of the new Fleur De Lis Spellbinder Shapability Pendant. I purchased the dies recently and this is the first project I have made with them. I really love this set!!

The layer of Basic Black has been clear embossed using the SU Filagree background stamp, which I think lends sort of a Gothic Halloween feel. The DSP is from last year's SU Pumpkin Pie pack. The Happy Halloween stamp is one of those Clear Mini stamps from the $1 bins at Jo-Ann's and the stamps on the lower panel are from Pink Paislee. That about wraps up the details for this card. As usual, now that my DT card for this week has been revealed, I'm going to look for some other challenges to enter it into. If you know of any it fits, please leave me a comment. Here are some challenges I have found:

My Time to Craft Challenge - Perfect Pets
Crazy 4 Challenges - Sew Happy
2 Red Bananas - Here's to Halloween
Saturday Challenge - Celebration
Forever Friends Challenge Blog - Colors of Autumn
Stampin' B's Design Team - Use a pumpkin on your card

Have a great week and hope to see you back again on Saturday morning to check out my DT card for Our Creative Corner.








Update: This card was featured on Card of the Week.

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Halloween card Linda!
Congrats to CCC for landing such a tallented DT!!!
HUgs,
True :)

csroyal said...

Congrats, Linda!! Super card!!! - love cards using vintage prints!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Linda - i new as soon as I saw this card on the CCC Blog that it was yours - you are in a league of your own my friend! I love this image and your colours are just stunning!! Congratulations on all of your DT spots lately - so well deserved! Thanks for sharing - you always inspire! God bless you Linda! {{{hugs}}}

Hearts Turned said...

Congratulations, Linda! I can certainly see why they asked you to join them--your work is beautiful! Love those Halloween cards!

jen said...

extremely creative!!! and i love the blog name as well -- the halloween cards are awesome - wish i was your neighbor for some card crafting lessons!

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Linda,
What a wonderful card!! Just precious! I love how you used the boo letters on the side of the card, what a wonderful creative use for them. Congratulations on being invited to join the Creative Card Crew, I bet THEY were jumping up and down when you accepted!!
Thanks so much for playing along on my blog for "Brag Monday"!

Teresa said...

What a cool vintage card. Definately halloween. Thanks for joining the bananas challenge and good luck with your new design team.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Congrats on the dt!!!! Your a wonderful choice!! This Halloween Card is beautiful inside and out!! Love the vintage print and the boo down the edge. Great colors and design!

I have blog candy on my blog if you are interested.

Donna said...

Love this fabulous halloween card Linda and welcome to the team you'll be a great inspiration to all. Donna x

Dianne said...

What a gorgeous card Linda !! Congrats on the CCC DT. They are very fortunate to have you.

Debbie said...

Hi Linda - Huge Congratulations - and very well deserved.
Your card is stunning as ever and your attention to detail is fabulous.
Hope you are well.

xxDebbiexx

Anonymous said...

Great card! Favorite holiday is "Halloween" for me, so this one tugs @ my heart! Love everything about it, especially how you used the fleur die cut "sideways" on the inside! Haven't thought of that as I have yet to buy that set..oh, SO many Nest's!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Congratulations Linda on the CCC position! They are getting a wonderful new member. This card is gorgeous as always. I just love your flair for vintage cards.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Linda ! Well done too for your DT place, well deserved ! Sue x

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow! I love your cards ~ just beautiful! I didn't even think to resize the B-O-O so I could get the whole image of each letter in my frame. Hmmm, I may redo mine.

Carolyn said...

Congrats on your new DT spot, Linda! I have always loved your work. You deserve it. This card is wonderful. I just love the vintage image and that cute ribbon. You are so talented at these types of cards. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such encouraging words for me. I appreciate that very much!

Carolyn

Lesley said...

Fab card, the BOO is great! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is one awesome Halloween card Linda. The image is superb and I really love the cutwork behind the letters. The inside is as beautiful as the outside. Stunning work. So glad you agreed to join us.
Sharon xx

Cathy said...

Fabulous cards, and I love the halloween theme.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

made by fifi said...

great card - love the black cat - thanks for joining in MTTC challenge this week xx

Wendy said...

OMG... what at awesome card! I love that vintage image. The whole card is just really cool. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

mysweetpaperdreams said...

CONGRATS LINDA!

Tammie :)

Yvonne Hagane said...

Congrats on your DT spot, Linda!!
Your card is just gorgeous. You are so creative and your work is always first class!

Nicola said...

Wow your card is awesome both inside and out Linda, love your image and perfect papers and that BOO is fabulous.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Wendy Hall said...

Great card Linda!! Congrats on joining CCC!!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, brilliant details.
luv
Debby

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful card and such fab detail to the inside. Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!

Jill said...

beautiful card, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Jenny Gropp said...

Oh Lady -- these are just knockout designs!!! Congrats on the new challenge group -- checked it out-- lotsa talent there!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com