Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Bad


Oh, am I bad!! I was supposed to submit a tag for this fortnight's challenge on the Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog for a guest DT spot. How embarrassing - I submitted a card for the wrong challenge!!! I skipped down on the challenge list and made this card. I won't tell you what the challenge is because I don't want to spoil it for the next round, but obviously I won't be submitting this one again.

So I hastily made a tag and submitted it to the folks over at the Creative Inspirations Challenge blog so they could replace my rouge card if they wish. I am really enjoying making tags. They are quick to make so you get instant gratification, plus you can do so much with them. And of course, a lot of tags you see are distressed style that really appeals to me. So it wasn't an imposition to make the quick tag that you see above.

Card recipe:

Stamps: Rubbernecker
Paper: Don't remember the DSP, card stock from SU - Taken With Teal and River Rock, watercolor paper
Inks: Versamark (images stamped and clear embossed), Stewart Superior India Ink, Reinkers to watercolor images: Going Gray, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, Really Rust, flesh tone watercolor crayon, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Csrystal Effects, ClearDew Drops, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Tiny Bubbles embossing folders, Creative Memories cutting system for the starfish shape, SU corner punch and brass brads, sewing machine, Crystal Stickles

Tag Recipe:
Stamps: SU Artifacts, Flourishes Seaside Life, Inkadinkadoo, Family Traditions by Scrappy Cat, Hero Arts
Ink: Chocolate Ship, Taken with Teal Close to Cocoa, Ranger Alcohol Inks: Stream, Butterscotch and Ginger, Taken with Teal, Tattered Angel Simply Khaki Glimmer Mist, Versamark
Accessories: Gold Dimensional Paint, Crystal Effects, Clear EP, Fiskars corner punch, sewing machine, Organdy ribbon from Jo-Ann's crinkled with heat gun

7 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Linda - you made me laugh - my DD1 always says 'my bad!' and I knew exactly what was going on!! Love your card, I am sure that it will be missed on the challenge it was meant to be on!! Love the bookmark - I haven't made one yet and will have to give it a go! Your work is always so amazing! Thanks for sharing Linda - I will be back! God bless you!

Dianne said...

I just had a "My Bad" also on a card a few posts back. I entered it into a challenge that had already closed.

Love the bookmark. I never think of making the larger tags, but they would be nice for gift bags, etc. Have to try it.

As usual, your work is gorgeous.

Christine said...

Love both!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on this Jody Bergsma design! I have several of these designs and hve been meaning to ink 'em up!

Love what you are coming out with !

Wendy Hall said...

How funny Linda!! Alls well that ends well and another fabby creation!!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Even if it was the wrong challenge, the card is gorgeous Linda! I love the bookmark too. I need to make myself one because I am always grabbing receipts!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Hee, hee, well at least your card is nothing but Spectacular!! Wow, it`s truly amazing! I love every little detail.
And your tag came out fabulous too:)
Hugs, Yvonne.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com