Monday, June 1, 2009

A Country Greeting







Good Monday morning to you all! Last week was an extremely wet week here in Miami, Florida. I see the sun just peeking out this morning and the weatherman says it is supposed to clear. I hope so! Every time it rains, my roof leaks! The roofers can't work in the rain so it leaked again all last week. They are here again this morning and hopefully will find the leak and patch it properly this time!!


Do you ever make a card and then not be sure how you feel about it? Well, after spending so much time making this one, I just can't decide if I like it or not. I don't hate it. It's more like I am lukewarm about it. Some of my cards I fall in love with, but not this one. I recently purchased a bunch of lace to use on my cards so you will be seeing more with lace in the near future. I saw the technique on a blog recently where you put lace around the outside, plus I have had this Rubbernecker stamp for quite awhile and it had never seen ink so I paired it up with the lace. I think the country birdhouse is so pretty and really like the distressing technique here, but the overall card just doesn't wow me.

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for improving it, let me know that too!
I've had this country print paper in my stash for over a year and thought it gave the card a very quaint feel. And I do like the glazed, paper toiled flowers.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Rubbernecker, SU's Garden Collage (for the sentiment)
Paper: Whisper White for shell, Neenah Solar White for coloring with Copics, Chocolate Chip, DSP is Paper Pizazz
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Creamy Caramel, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Copics for coloring image
Accessories: Stickles, KaiserKraft Rhinestones, Wooden button from Jo-Ann's, Hemp twine, lace, Crystal Effects

Have a great week! Stay dry and let me know what you think of this card...I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Linda I think it is just the cutest card! I love the stitching, how on earth did you get it to look so nice sewing around the punched decorative corners?! And you used the martha punch for the corners too? The lace suits the style perfectly...I love it!

One thing I would LOVE to see, is a different background for the picture. Just for presentation purposes... like old wood, or maybe an old lace curtain or table cloth? You could pic up a cheap one and distress it a bit to compliment all your aged effects, for almost all the goodies you make. Just a thought :O)

Shell said...

I love this card Linda! Great Work!
Shell

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Linda, I just found your Blog yesterday and am loving it. I love lace on cards and use it a lot....I think you have a different look than you are used to (from what I can see) but I think it is lovely....love the birdhouse....I do know what you mean though about having a card you are not sure about....my advice is - put is aside and come back to it...that can often give you perspective...but it is lovely!! God bless you Linda - I will be back - love your Blog name by the way - it was enough to make me wanna look!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com