Friday, May 29, 2009

Untraveled Roads

Here's another Sarah Kay image colored with Copics. I was fortunate enough to be able to buy about 10 of her stamps from an acquaintance. She wasn't using them and offered them to me at about half price. Some had been used a time or to, but if you are a stamper, you know that doesn't matter. What matters is the quality of the stamped image, which is perfect.

I coupled this image with a sentiment from Rubbernecker about untraveled roads. I think it will make a great card for someone just starting a new phase in their life, especially a young girl.


The DSP is by Melissa Francis stamped with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink and a flourish by Inkadinkado. The black gingham paper is old, old Creative Memories paper. I took my Creamy Caramel stamp pad and lightly sponged the color onto the black and white gingham until it was almost a perfect match for the black and tan gingham ribbon. The paper flowers were made out of the gingham and Melissa Francis DSP. The brads are from the SU Vanilla hardware set and I colored them with the Close to Cocoa marker. When the ink had dried, I polished off the excess. The completed panels were mounted on SU Kraft cardstock.

I thought the Martha Stewart picket fence edge punch was perfect for this card. In my stash, I found a flower charm that matched up well with the DSP. The charm is from Petals A Plenty. Michael's had them on sale over Memorial Day weekend, two cards of charms for $6.

You can see that the inside of the card is finished off using the same papers and color scheme as the front. The sentiment is from Rubbernecker - they have a lot of beautiful sentiment stamps. The brown dotted paper is from the Bella Rose DSP by SU. I also used a CB embossing folder to emboss a row of flowers across the message panel. The small gift box was decorated with more coordinating paper and handmade paper flowers.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

3 comments:

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This is so pretty Linda. :)

Shell said...

Wow!!! Fantastic coloring!
And I Love Love love the floral paper!!

maxine said...

fantastic card

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com