Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Vacations - It's All About Getting There




Hi ya'll, I'm back for week #2 of the Frilly and Funkie challenge.  Jenny is our host and she wants us to use our art this time to depict our dream vacation and the twist is that you must include a window in the piece.  I decided to put my window in a suitcase or rather a vintage valise.  I used an old designer paper I've had forever that is a collage of travel stickers and labels which I die cut with the Vintage Valise die and then I die cut a window using the Baroque Movers and Shapers die.  The straps were cut with kraft core paper and run through the Bubble texture fade.  I thought that would make them look like alligator leather but now that I am sitting here looking at the picture, it think it makes them look like they have some sort of pox marks - ug!

I liberated one of the Tim Holtz Travel ways stamp sets from my shop's inventory and randomly stamped a 6x6" piece of white CS, then sponged on Peeled Paint and Rusty Hinge.  I did some spritz and flick as well as some staining on it to grunge it up a bit.  Then the edges were inked with Walnut Stain.  The Eiffel Tower is an Artistic Outpost stamp.  The panel was sponged with Stormy Sky and everything was stamped with Jet Black archival ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you will drop by Frilly and Funkie to see the rest of the Funkie team's makes.








The following products used to make this piece can be found at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

11 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

A riot of colour and a feast for the eyes Linda. Love it! What a clever idea to put the window in the suitcase and what a fabulous background. Hugs, Jenny x

Astrid Maclean said...

What a wonderful imaginative piece, so colourful and with a real French feel! Love everything about it, but the bit I like best of all is that AO Eifeltower against the TH script, it looks so cool and makes for a brilliant bit of stamping!!

Heather said...

This is so appealing and so clever. Love it!

Paper Profusion said...

Really clever design Linda - fabulous card. Nicola x

Redanne said...

An absolute stunner Linda, love how you used the suitcase as a window - very clever idea and it looks wonderful. Anne x

Hettie said...

Gosh! I have hardly seen anyone use this die (except me) and now I see it twice in one week!
Great project Linda. Love the papers and the window idea.
Hugs
xx

Kate Yetter said...

This is fabulous, Linda! I love the window on the front. The perfect valise to take traveling around the world! I am very inspired to dig out my die.
Kate

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Linda ! What a fantastic idea to put hte window in the suitcase ! Sue C x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, how cool! Just love your suitcase with its view of the world, and those embossed straps look brilliant - fantastically creative, and completely gorgeous!
Alison xx

Barb Turpin said...

So very creative...lovely!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

FAB- U- LOUS!!!! I love the suitcase, and the papers you used...wonderful!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com