Thursday, June 20, 2013

Birds and Nests Revisited

 
Hello friends, I'm back today with the tag I shared yesterday at Frilly and Funkie for the Funkie side of the Birds and Nests challenge.  Obviously this is also my submission for Tim Holtz's June tag, made according to his techniques for the month.  I really enjoyed getting my distress markers out and playing around with watercoloring.  If you want the details on how this tag was made, just visit Tim Holtz and follow the steps for his June tag.  I pretty much followed him step by step, just changing the stamps and the colors used.  I couldn't resist adding a little flower cut with the Tattered Flowers Decorative Strip die.  

Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you will stop by Frilly and Funkie to see the amazing pieces my DT has offered for Donna's Birds and Nests challenge.



The following supplies used to make this tag can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

10 comments:

Rita said...

What a stunning tag Linda. It's gorgeous. Hugs Rita xxx

barbarayaya62 said...

Linda thank you for your kindly words!!! you're a muse for me , your blog is so inspirational and I love all your pieces, all your works and your style!This your interpretation of the tag of June is simply amazing, that stamp I have not used owing to the difficulty of finding a set right and you've really revisited so fabulous! I like the colors, brown/orange and blue together are among my favorite combinations and you made ​​it really alive! thanks again for your comment on my blog! EXcuse me for bad bad english!!!!! BArbarayaya

Maryanne said...

Love this tag, Linda! I love watercoloring with the Distress markers. I just finished a tag using that technique.

Yvonne Garner said...

Linda, I just love this! It just draws you in somehow. Love water coloring with DMs too. One of my favorites! Have a great weekend.

Mieke said...

LOVE it !!!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, that's so brilliant, Linda! Fabulous colours and the higgledy-piggledy stitching is just delicious... A really inspired take on the June tag - I love it!!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tag Linda, love the way you've added the bird and the great stitching detail ! Sue C x

Sophie said...

Großartig, ein fantastisch schönes Tag!

Unknown said...

Hi Linda. Yummy blue and brown colour combo. Your composition is fab.

Tincan Crafter said...

Hi, I keep coming back and looking at this tag over and over again - there is something about it that really draws you in. Thought I'd let you know - wonderul piece!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com