Sunday, September 16, 2012

Explore - Dream - Discover

Hello friends and visitors.  Welcome and thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope your weekend is going well. I'm back today after a super busy week finishing setting up my new store structure at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Everything seems to be going along well over there, a few small glitches but nothing major.  And if you would like to try out my new store, here is a coupon good for 10% of through Monday, September 17th:  GOPEN10

I've been so busy with the store that I am super late with my card this week for Our Creative Corner.  This week the lovely Christina is our host and she has a sketch challenge/masculine challenge for us to follow.  Here's my take on it and I have to confess that I added an extra row of the washers along the top because I started my placement too low and it just didn't look balanced to me.  Unfortunately I glued it down before I realized it or I would have simply raised the focal piece a bit.  And actually I like the way the black washer border looks across the top, gives it a little pizzaz, I think.

I really love this Huck Finn set from Artistic Outpost and think it works terrific for a guy card.  I started with a sheet of Tim Holtz Core'Dinations Kraft Core paper, embossed it and sanded it.  The panel and photo corners for Huck were cut with the TH ATC and Corners die, the cute little clips are from Stampin' Up! and the sentiment which I stamped on a die cut from the TH Tattered Banners die is from the Artistic Outpost Charles and Amelia set.  The paper it's stamped on was just a scrap I had on my desk that I had used to blot up some left over ink on my craft sheet.  I think it's Iced Spruce mixed with some Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist and then today after cutting and stamping it, I edged it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. All the sponging and blotting on the Huck Fin panel was done with Vintage Photo DI also.

If you have any questions on how this card was made, please feel free to leave them in the comments and I'll update the post to include the details you are looking for.  I hope you will visit us over at Our Creative Corner.  This is also going to be my weekly guest designer card for Artistic Outpost and you can visit them here.Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

These products were used to create the above card and can be purchase at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.


9 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Just been admiring this over at AO... love the vintage colours, and delicious image!
Alison x

Lisa Minckler said...

My OCD appreciates the extra washer border at the top, it balances perfectly with the sentiment banner. I'm impressed Linda, as busy as you are, you never cease to produce art that makes the viewer ponder in awe. I'll be over to shop at the boutique as soon as I figure out how much the kids are going to wipe out my mad money with homecoming outfits! ;)
Your take on the sketch is terrific and the card is lovely as ever.
hugs,
Lisa xx

Unknown said...

Awesome card!! Love the new boutique! I wish you much success.

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a fabulous card, Linda. I love all the nice textures and beautiful image. Your new shop is awesome. Wish you continued success... :)

Sophie said...

Eine tolle Karte mit viel Kreativität.
Super gemacht!

Liebe Grüße

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

It's gorgeous...you really made this elegant! Love the blues!

Conniecrafter said...

Love what you came up with for the sketch and the inking on the image is cool, like how your sentiment was just a scrap with leftover ink but it works perfectly for this card

Unknown said...

Linda your creations just keep getting better and better. this card is absolutely wonderful. Can't wait to see what you come up with for next week!

Lili said...

Sorry Linda, it took so long to leave you my comment.
You made such an awesome card! I love all the textures and the sentiment is my favorite.
Hugs ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com