Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rusted Enamel and PEACE

Hello and welcome back! I'm kicking back into gear to finish up Tim's 12 tags.  I had to take a brief stop over the weekend to attend to other things in my life, but now I'm excited to be back to work using Tim's tags as inspirations.  Tim's Tag #9 featured a technique he calls double distressed rusted enameling.  His rusted enamel technique has to be one of my all-time favorites of his techniques. His new double distressed rusted enameling looks sensational on his tag, but it doesn't really pop on mine.  I think it's all about how the rubber meets the road, so to speak.  His stamp had more rubber than the ones I used and consequently the double enameling is much more visible.  I just really love the texture of this technique and the way the distress ink soaks down in between all the minute fissures.  

I started with a vanilla tag and stamped the evergreen tree and the dove with the new seasonal distress ink color Iced Spruce and then clear embossed the images.  Then I sponged the entire tag with Old Paper distress ink and clear embossed.  The Tim Holtz distress inks are also embossing inks so I didn't have to use a special embossing ink after sponging with Old Paper.  Now the fun part - I sponged the entire tag liberally with Vintage Photo DP to give it the rusted effect.  I made a little banner sort of thingy with vintage style crepe paper to mount my star/rosette/holly element on.  I thought it looked a little plain so I added some of the filigree metal I sell in my Etsy Boutique.  The "holly berries" started life as white half pearls that I colored red with Copic marker #29 Lipstick Red.  The PEACE sentiment was cut with the Vintage Market die from Kraft Core card stock.  I coated them with Glossy Accents per Tim's tag and also offset darker letters for a first layer to give them more depth,  The larger holly is from the Festive Greenery die and the smaller one is from a Martha Stewart punch.  

That's about all I can tell you about Tag #9.  Hope you liked to.  Stop back by later this week to catch tags 10-12.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Linked to:  Inspiration Emporium/Inspiration Journal 12 Tags Challenge - Tag #9

9 comments:

Nancy Wethington said...

Linda, this tag is gorgeous! Love the techniques you used. The vintage crepe paper and the filigree metal is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Stunning Linda beautiful details as always.
Chris x

Lisa Minckler said...

Geez WOW Linda....
The fun you had creating this tag just pops out in your post. I had a blast reading your technique for this. What an amazing little masterpiece here. :)

So fun to see all your creations...you still amaze me.
HUGS and High Five,
Lisa xx

Denni said...

Unbelievably GORGEOUS!! I love everything about this one!

Rebecca said...

beautiful take on Tim's tag

Netty said...

Totally stunning tag Linda, Annette x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is so fabulous!!! I just want to touch that background! I love the ribbon or folded paper...really gives this tag dimension. Love the rosette as well.

coldwaters2 said...

This is so beautiful Linda the colours and detail look awesome, truly wonderful creation.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jen said...

What a beautiful tag! I like the rosette with the holly leaves on it.
hugs,
Jen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com