Thursday, July 30, 2009

Key West Gratitude

I wanted to make a special card for my sister-in-law and her husband who hosted us for a vacation in Key West. Here is the result. Unfortunately, I forgot to take the pictures before I wrote my message so I blurred it out. I used the new Beach Life set from Flourishes. I love this set. I have been wanting something with palm trees forever. I am entering this card in the "Something New" challenge on The Crafty Pad blog.

I used designer paper from the K&Co. Sea Glass stack. I matched the paper up with the Sea Glass paper ribbon of sand dollars. I started following this week's sketch from Our Creative Corner, but couldn't fit in a sentiment strip at the bottom.

The images were stamped on Neenah Solar White with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. The sky was sponged on with Bashful Blue. The elements were aged by sponging the edges with Creamy Caramel, my favorite ink for aging. The K&Co. paper is mounted on SU's Baja Breeze. The sun was stamped on with the circle from the old SU Shape of Things set. I inked the circle stamp first with Summer Sun, then rocked it around the edges first on a Only Orange pad and then a Really Rust pad. I wanted a sunset feel to the card. The main panel was cut with a Spellbinders Mega Rectangle die. The Baja Breeze mat was cut with the same die, and then cut diagonally.

The small beach gear images were paper toled and glazed with Crystal Effects. Inside, the sentiment Key West Memories was printed on the computer. The beach chair, which is also paper toled and popped up, is colored the exact colors of the ones at the house where we were guests. The seahorse and other sea creatures were cut with a Cuttlebug die and the bottom panel was cut with the Top Note die from Sizzix.

8 comments:

Christine said...

Love your card especially the sand dollar ribbon!

Debbie said...

Hi Linda, thank you so much for taking part in the Crafty Pad challenge.
Great you found us and enjoyed the challenge too. :)
Your card is beautifully decorated inside and out - lovely and relaxiing too. Your new stamps are fab.
Good luck in the draw. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

Cheryl said...

WOW,what a fantastic card,love everything about it!!!
xx

rozzyb said...

Thanks Linda for dropping by, its great you were able to join in this week in The Crafty Pad Challenge. your card is fantastic, just like the others I was looking at earlier. you are so very talented. I love the real feeling of actually being there. You ahve combined everything so well :)
good luck in the challenge
hugs rozzy xx

Margaret said...

As always Linda, beautiful!!! I love those beach stamps.

Kimby Kreations said...

Hi Linda, I love this card!!! It reminds me of our best vacation spot...the beach!!

Edith said...

Beautiful and bright colors, Linda!
Very nice card!

Debbie said...

Hi Linda - can you please email me regarding your entry to The Crafty Pad blog challenge site - some great news for you there. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com