Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Autumn Inspiration

Since this is a new blog with not much of interest on it, I am going to post some of my older cards for you to look at. After I have some content on the blog, I will start posting my cards as I make them.

This card is one of my all-time favorite collage cards which I made in October. I love the autumn and since I live in Miami, Florida I don't get to experience much of the fall delights. So this year, I made a couple of autumn collages that helped me get my "fall fix".

I love making vintage-style art cards like this collage. Through surfing other card artists' blogs, I discovered Melissa Frances scrapbooking products like paper and stickers. I fell in love with her vintage style. The designer paper used on this card is Melissa Frances. I cut the chipboard letters out with the Cuttlebug Oliva alphabet dies. I had to cut fairly thin cardboard, so I cut two of each letter and glued one on top of the other. Then I the letters again out of DSP and glued them to the top of the chipboard letters. I sanded the edges a bit and then sponged them with Creamy Caramel to give a weathered look. I distressed the edges of the layers with my SU distressing tool and then sponged them with Chocolate Chip ink. The edges of the DSP were distressed using the edge of scissors to give a more torn look and then sponged with Chocolate Chip ink
The orange gingham ribbon is just stock ribbon from Jo-Ann's gathered with SU linen thread. The skinny caramel gingham ribbon is from Stampin' Up! SU Hodgepodge Hardware and wooden heart buttons were used at the bottom, sewn on with SU linen thread.
Here is the actual recipe:
Stamps: Natural Beauty
Paper: Confetti Cream, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Melissa Francis DSP, SU Brocade Backgrounds DSP, SU Outlaw DSP
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Accessories: Wooden heart buttons, linen thread, Melissa Francis tag and sticker, SU creamy caramel gingham ribbon, Jo-Ann's orange gingham ribbon, SU Hodge Podge clip, Cuttlebug Oliva Die Alphabet

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com