Monday, October 9, 2017

2017 Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #3


Double click any image to zoom in for details.
Hello!

Welcome back to Week #3 of The 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  This week I have a tag that is an orgey of RED, for sure!  I make no apology for the glaring redness.  Red is my favorite color.  Honestly, it makes me smile; it makes me happy!

I started out with the Tim Holtz Peppermint stencil plus Vermillion archival ink and was off and running.  I couldn't stop myself.  I kept pulling out this and that and everything was red.  I'm not sure if I really like it or not, but oh my, did I ever have a fabulous time creating it.

Starting, as I always do, with one of my jumbo manila tags, I gave it a coat of white gesso because I wanted the bright white to contrast with the red I planned to use.  Then I stencilled on the Vermillion archival ink using a mini ink blending tool.  I did have to reposition the stencil once to get complete coverage.  I love the style of the Retro Merry Christmas Thinlits die set and used it to make two layers of 'Christmas', one white and one red.  I wanted to use the Christmas Transparent Tiles but they didn't show up well enough against the peppermint stripes so I backed them with red tags cut using the new Thinlits Gift Tags dies.  They were cut from white card stock and sponged with Vermillion ink then tied with red and white Idea-ology Christmas Jute Sting.

How fun is that new Tim Holtz Christmas Fringe?  Seriously, you just cut a piece off and roll it between your palms like you were rolling a meatball - LOL.  LOVE it!  The Merry Christmas up top is from the Merry Christmas Mini Stencil in set #32 stenciled with Vermillion archival ink onto white cardstock.  And don't you just love the new Fluted Stars?  I sure do!  I turned mine red with an application of Red Pepper alcohol ink.  I also used the Red Pepper alcohol ink to color the Baubles red.  The sweet ornaments are an Impression Obsession die from a couple of years ago.  I glittered them with Stickles Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter and backed them with card stock colored with Vermillion ink and clear embossed for a little shine.

That's it.  Hope this week's red tag made you smile too.   Thanks so much for dropping by and for your encouraging comments.  And a warm welcome to all who have played along.  If you are thinking of playing in this challenge, you can find all the challenge requirements in the Week #1 post.  As a reminder, you do not need to CASE my sample, merely find one or two elements to inspire your work.



The items below were used to make this tag.  Then can be purchased at 20% off list at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.





8 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Now this has brought a smile to my face....great tag, fun elements and loving the red x

Mimi said...

OMG... I ADORE this!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Candy cane, rock candy... this is a sweet festive treat and no mistake!
Alison x

Theresa said...

I made this tag and am working on my version now. Love how everything came together. I will try in-link again. It stopped working on Facebook some time again but it still worked on pinterest. When I tried with tag one, it wouldn't link from either place. oh well. thanks as always for sharing.

Jane said...

What a fun card Linda...it looks edible. I'm hoping to play catch up very soon xx

Marci said...

So cheery and festive!

LauraVi said...

An other beautiful inspiration, thank you Linda!

Deb said...

Fab red tag Linda, you challenged me with this one as red's not a colour I use very often so thanks for stretching my colour palette! Deb xo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com