Thursday, February 4, 2016

Special Day

I guess it is a special day when post something to my blog these days!  But actually the special day was the birthday of a friend that I took time to to make a card for.  Oh my, did it ever feel great to get into my craft room after such a long absence!

I took inspiration from the current theme over on the Frilly and Funkie blog.  Jenny is hosting a challenge called Enjoy Your Embossing.  That got me started with a texture paste embossed background.  I applied it through the Tim Holtz Flourishes stencil onto white card stock.  When that was dry, Whale Watch Blue from Lindy's Stamp Gang Nantucket Pearls spray set was sprayed on.  I also sprayed the Lindy's on another sheet of white CS and then used a pretty Spellbinders die to cut the panel at the bottom of the card.  Then, using Tumbled Glass DI, I stamped with Wendy Vecchi's polka dot stamp and cut my flowers out of that.  The die cut flower shapes were misted with Biscotti Perfect Pearls mist, scrunched and dried with my heat tool.  That made them nice and firm and all to take the Vintage Photo DI that I sponged the edges with.  I layered them together and added a gold center.  



Next I got out my Inka Gold Old Silver and applied it to just about everything. Using a Mini Ink Blending tool, I applied it to all the high spots on the embossing and to all the edges of the flower petals (actually I did that before layering them together).   I even applied it to the curved die cut.  Using the new Wildflowers die from Tim Holtz (coming in next week - I got mine at CHA) I cut the wildflowers from Kraft CS and edged it with Vintage Photo.  

After assembling everything together, I added a stamped sentiment from an ancient stamp set from PaperTreyInk (looks like it is still available here).  I decided it needed a few more flowers in the upper left and just for kicks, I added a metal charm.  The charm started out as bronze but I rubbed on a bit of the Inka Gold Old Silver and added a scrap of seam binding dyed with Tumbled Glass.  The sentiment was cut with a Thinlits die from the Tim Holtz Labels set and the little banner for the Happy Birthday was hand cut.  

Thanks so much for visiting me today.  I'm sorry it's been so long since I posted but January is incredibly busy for store owners with CHA and so much new product coming out.  I ordered so many new products while at CHA.  Some of the new products are brand new on the market such as the MISTI and Mini MISTI, real wood paper and the PenBlade retractable craft knives.  It was like springtime this week when we received a huge shipment of gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  We are getting a huge order in from Prima this week, next week all the new Tim Holtz Idea-ology is coming in and the first release of the Tim's Sizzix Alterations dies too.  Stop by The Funkie Junkie Boutique and click on New Arrivals to see all the new products in the shop.  Check the Pre-orders tab too and you will be able to see all the other new products that will be arriving over the next month or so.



The products below were used to make this card.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Tim Holtz/Ranger/Sizzix and most other name brand products are always 20% off list.

12 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Stunning card! Gorgeous flowers and the colors are soft and subtle and wow!

Jenny Marples said...

Oh Linda, it's great to see you getting back into that craft room again and WOW!!! what amazing results!!! I love how you've combined those die cuts and the stencilling with all those luscious sprays for a real gentle shimmer. Awesome as ever! Jenny xxx

SewPaperPaint said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Linda! The wallflower die is AMAZING and you've used it so well. What a gorgeous card! Great to see you creating. Hugs, Autumn

Patty O'Malley said...

Gorgeous card!

sarascloset said...

Great to see you creating, and what a creation this is! That Wildflowers die is now on my wish list--it looks wonderful here along with those polka dotted Tattered Florals! Beautiful texture on the background to give these lovelies something to pop from! gorgeous design, and lucky friend to receive this card! Hugs!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, those flowers are just gorgeous! I love the rich Old World feel of this card, and I know your friend will treasure it for many years to come. I'm also excited about all the new goodies in the shop!

Kim said...

Beautiful card Linda...I love the vintage flowers, blue/brown coloring and the all-over shimmer. I am sure your friend felt special. :) Kim

Darlene G said...

Beautiful card, Linda. Love all the gold.

experiments in paper said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! Your layering and techniques create a stunning card - lucky friend! Hope you get some craft time soon again - I know this is a crazy time of year! xxx Lynn

Words and Pictures said...

What a gorgeous floral card, Linda - so happy to see you made it to your craft table! I'm sure your friend loves this elegant card - so many fabulous details and shimmer.
Alison xx

Deb said...

A gorgeous card Linda, love the new Wildflowers die cut! Beautiful layers and colour and colour palette, thanks for sharing it! Deb xo

Unknown said...

I love your style!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com