Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Golden Autumn

Double click any image to zoom in for details.
Greetings friends and followers.  I have a very quick and easy tag to share with you today.  I am joining the design team over at Frilly and Funkie this week for the Autumn Splendor challenge.  As usual, I was running close to the deadline to get the sample submitted.  I dashed into my craft room and grabbed a jumbo tag.  Unfortunately I had left my Spiced Marigold spray over at the shop but I had one that had been colored with Ken Oliver Orange Color Burst.  It was a little too bright orange so I knocked it back and gave it some bling with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls spray.  Next,  Tim Holtz Ranger Texture Paste was applied over the Typo stencil.  Then I sprayed it with a couple squirts  each of Meadow Adirondack Color Wash spray and  Vintage Photo distress spray stain.    Vintage Photo distress ink was applied to the edges and also to the stenciled texture paste design.  Then a little shine was added by rubbing Inka Gold Old Gold over the texture paste. 

I adhered a vintage pumpkin card by edging it with Vintage Photo and then rubbing the edges with Inka Gold Old Gold.  A Tim Holtz flashcard and a few leaves that were cut with the Autumn Foliage die (LOVE that die set!) were also added.  

The vintage pumpkin card and the stained, stamped leaves are being sent out in thank you gifs from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  I was delighted that my staff sent me out tonight with a handful of these goodies that gave me a head start on my project.  

I finished up with a sentiment from Big Chat as well as a couple of tiny leaves and a hand dyed seam binding bow.  The seam binding was dyed with Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade and Antiqued Brass spray stains.  It also came pre-dyed from the shop as we were using it for ribbon on the thank you gifts.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'm honored to have you visit my blog.








These products were used to make the above tag and can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz/Ranger products are always 20% below MSRP.


12 comments:

Cec said...

You always amaze me with your ability to whip something fantastic up at the last moment. This vintage inspired tag exudes warmth and fall - lovely.
Hugs!
Cec

LauraVi said...

Great tag, warm colours!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

Beautiful Autumn Tag Linda! I love all the layers...YUMMY!

rachel said...

stunning tag Linda - beautiful xx

Patty O'Malley said...

This tag is beautiful, Linda! Captures the essence of fall perfectly!

Jenny Marples said...

Beautiful, subtle textures and colours Linda. Love it. Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning, Linda - that gilded alphabet is amazing, the texty leaves and the ribbons are lovely.
Alison xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Hi Linda, how I love this gorgeous autumn mix! The layers are just perfect and the color is scrumptious! Such an inspiration to visit your lovely blog!

Nancy Dynes said...

Oh. My. Gosh.!! I know you said this was simple and quick, but it looks like you spent hours!! I guess that's the mark of a skilled artist. You make it look so easy. Your gorgeous tag truly glows with the rich tones of autumn. It has me longing to kick back on the cabin deck with a mug of hot cider, enjoying the crisp air and fall colors.
Hugs,
Nancy

experiments in paper said...

Wow!! Fabulous autumn colors, and love how you can pull things together so beautifully under a deadline - amazing!! xxx Lynn

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Linda, I do adore that gorgeous rustic background you created, such texture and colour!! xx

Zoe Hillman said...

Gorgeous tag Linda! I love the texture paste background and the heirloom gold spray. Your ribbons are always incredible! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com