Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring Blooms

Double click image to see details up close.
Hello friends!  So sorry that it has been a whole week since I posted last.  I have been sooooo busy with huge shipments of products coming into the boutique.  It took me most of last week to fill pre-orders for those products.  And now I have lots of new items in stock :)

Today I am sharing my weekly make for the Artistic Outpost design team.  As soon as I saw the Tim Holtz March tag, I thought Birds of a Feather would be the perfect set to use.  (I am entering this tag into Tim Holtz's March tag challenge.)  I started by using the text stamp from Paperboy, stamped in Vintage Photo Distress Ink and smudged according to Tim Holtz's technique.  And then, instead of making a second tag with the second generation stamping, I huffed on the stamp and stamped it again at the bottom of the tag and smudged it again.  Next Tumbled Glass and Squeezed Lemonade were stenciled on with the Honeycomb stencil.  I couldn't resist adding a bit of Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste with the Bubble stencil too.  When the EP was dry, I sponged over it with Tumbled Glass on the bottom and Squeezed Lemonade on the top, then lightly sponged over both areas again with Vintage Photo DI.  The edges of the entire tag were sponged with Walnut Stain DI.  

I thought a die cut with the new Trellis die made a nice background for my branches and buds.  It was cut from plain gray chipboard, painted with Picket Fence distress paint and when dry, sponged on the edges with Vintage Photo  The bird and nest were both stamped with Potting Soil archival ink and fussy cut.  The eggs were colored with a Tumbled Glass distress marker and then Glossy Accents was applied.  I sponged the bird over with Vintage Photo and rubbed a bit of red chalk on with my finger.  

Two branches were cut from gray chipboard (I save every bit of chipboard that comes into the house) with the Holly Branch die and painted with two coats of Gathered Twigs distress stain.  The leaves were cut with the new Spring Greenery decorative strip die, stamped in Vintage Photo with the text stamp from Paperboy, sponged with Mowed Lawn DI and then misted with Perfect Pearls Biscotti mist, which allowed the distress ink to wick and added it some shine.  

The little flowers were cut with the Tattered Flowers decorative strip die from white card stock, colored with Scattered Straw distress stain and edged with Vintage Photo.  The sentiment plaque was cut with the Styled Labels M&S die and I just sponged a bit of Mowed Lawn and Vintage Photo DI on it to give some color and then misted with Biscotti Perfect Pearls.  The hinge clip is Idea-ology from Tim Holtz.  I painted it with a blend of two colors of Vintaj paint but I didn't like the way it looked so I dripped a bit of Gold Alcohol Ink Mixative over it.  Love the way it looks now.  

That wraps up the details.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you like my sunny spring tag. 



These products were see to make the tag above and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz/Ranger and most other name-brand products are always 20% below MSRP.


12 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

That's so, so pretty Linda! Love the colours, and the Trellis is perfect with all that greenery. Terrific take on the tag!
Alison xx

Maryanne said...

I just love your tag, Linda! It looks so spring like! I love the colors and the background. That trellis die is fantastic!

rachel said...

your tag is wonderful Linda - love the sunny colours - brilliant xx

Brenda Brown said...

So beautiful Linda. I love the design with texture and levels to add dimension and fabulous colours and imagery to create a perfect Springtime appeal. Xx

Aspiring crafter said...

This tag is lovely-you have combined the dies so well.
I have just acquired the trellis die and so it's great to see the way you have used it.
Thanks for the lovely reminder of spring!
XxRuth

craftytrog said...

A beautiful Spring tag Linda! X

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous Springtime tag Linda!! Love how you have used the trellis in combination with those beautiful stamps! The greenery looks wonderful too!

Lisa Minckler said...

Contrasting the tag with the base of blue and yellow is gorgeous Linda. The layout is perfect for a Spring day and seeing those wonderful little glossy bird egss in that nest gets me all excited to rid ourselves of snow in the forecast and bring on the allergies!!!
This is beautiful and so inspiring.
So happy the boutique is hopping!
hugs
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous! The colours are beautiful & the trellis looks great.

Redanne said...

The trellis is amazing on your tag, I love the bird and nest and the flowers and greenery are perfect finishing touches on this very beautiful tag. Anne x

Terry said...

So pretty, Linda! I love the yellow in the background and all the texture. The AO birdy and nest is fussy cutting gorgeousness! I think I see a couple of other items that may need to make it on my list for the future!!! Stop it! Hugs!

Candy C said...

Linda...your tag is beautiful. So sweet, so vintage and the colors are delicious! You've done such a gorgeous job coloring your bird and nest and then nestling them amongst Tim' Trellis die cut and that lovely background. <3 Candy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com