Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Peaceful Christmas

Welcome to the November Artistic Outpost blog hop.  Thanks so much for stopping by today. Our theme for November is Designer's Choice and my choice was a winter/Christmas theme.  But before I get into the details of the card, here is our hop line up for this month.  I hope you will stop by all the design teams' blogs and leave them some love!
And now down to the nitty gritty on the card.  I used the lovely MidWinter plate that came out last year.  I loved it then and love it now, especially this peaceful winter cabin scene.  And I've been dying to use my new Window die and it all came together on this card.   I started with a back panel of Maja Design It's Christmas Time paper and silver embossed branches from Snowy Woods in the upper right conner.   On a piece of white card stock, I stamped the cabin scene in Potting Soil archival and then sponged Vintage Photo around and lightly over it.  Next I applied Clear Rock Candy distress glitter in the snowy areas of the roof and field.  After painting the window die cut with Picket Fence distress crackle paint, I added pop dots to the back to give the cabin panel more depth.

The pinecones were cut from kraft glassine with the Tattered Pinecones die and tipped with Claudine Hellmuth gesso.   I dyed the seam binding with about 5 different green reinkers trying to match the trees on the designer paper but never did achieve that goal.  The little branches were cut from the Festive Greenery die, sponged with both Bundled Sage and Frayed Burlap distress inks and then glittered with Clear Rock Candy distress glitter. I like that the Rock Candy glitter is clear and lets the color underneath show through.  The sentiment was silver embossed and the banner was cut freehand.  

I really love the way this card came out.  The photo doesn't do it justice (as is frequently the case - wish I had time to take a photography class!).  The window die is a winner in my book and you'll be seeing it frequently.

Thanks so much for stopping by and joining us for the Artistic Outpost hop!

The products below were used to make this card and can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Ranger and Tim Holtz products are always 20% below MSRP.



33 comments:

dyeandpigment said...

Wow, wow, wow is my first reaction. Such great texture, color and composition. You rock!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Linda this is absolutely gorgeous , the colour of the seam binding is divine and love how you have used all the elements x absolutely gorgeous xx hugs trace x

Jane said...

Linda this is just breathtaking....a work of art x

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow Linda, this is totally and utterly STUNNING!!! Absolutely love the crackle on the frame and how you have put the whole thing together, really, really gorgeous and so clever, LOVE it!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Linda ! Love the window die and the colour palette you've used is fabulous ! Sue C x

rachel said...

aw Linda - this is amazing - love the crackle effect on the window frame and the colours are just so delicate - gorgeous xx

Kate Yetter said...

Ooooh! Just what i imaging as the perfect Christmas. A snow covered cabin in the distance from a cozy window. The window and its crackles are awesome. And of course, your handmade roses are gorgeous. A beautiful make, Linda!

Maryanne said...

Oh, wow, Linda! I love this card! Everything about it is so beautiful, the colors, the scene, everything! Beautiful!

Marci said...

If it's more beautiful IRL, wow! The seam binding color is lovely, as is the bow. The crackle, silver, greenery, all work together so well. A favorite!

Hettie said...

Wow! This is wonderful Linda. A real stunner of a card.
I got my Midwinter set this week and cannot wait to use this stamp. What an inspiration piece for me.
Hugs
xx

Viv said...

I am happily speechless! Stunned, awesome, gorgeous card Linda. My address is......... LOL x

Nicole Wright Designs said...

This is really pretty! I love the crackled window. I just used my new window die yesterday. Same thing, I was dying to use it. Beautiful!

Adair said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this Linda! It is beautiful!

Terry said...

Linda, you are so bad in a good way! I was wondering which one of my fabby DT Sisters did this one and here you are! I love, love, love how you used the Tim window die (I was avoiding) to look out at that beautiful wintery scene! Love the crackle and all you wonderful touches! Hugs!

Dagmar said...

wow - great!!!! - absolutely fantastic!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wow Linda - I just love how you incorporated the die into a beautiful winter scene using the AO images! Fabulous details!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Absolutely love how you used the window die with the AO image , it looks fantastic. Love your background and the pinecones. This is such a wonderful design Linds. Tracy xv

Evelyn Walter said...

Wow, wow, wow! Sooo stunning! I love the crackled window, the background, ..... everything! Really great art.

Kathy Eddy said...

oh Linda, I always am amazed by your work and this one is just fabulous!You are so very talented!

Suzanne C said...

Stunning view through your window. The card is fabulously shabby chic and I love the view through the crackled window frame.

slbt17 said...

I really love this card too - lovely!
Sandra ltb

Barb Turpin said...

Love the crackle finish on the cute window frame, and also the plaid mirrored on the back of the main sheet. Overall GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Very, very beautiful. I love the crackled window, but the entire card is stunning.

Almo said...

Beautiful card Linda, I have recently purchased this window die and love the effect you have created for this card. Thank you for the inspiration. Hugs Mo x

snazzyoriginal said...

Simply stunning xx

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely wonderful, Linda - could there be a more perfect look for that window die than your gorgeous weathered crackle, and how glorious that it's just the right size to peek through and see that beautiful snowy cottage! Perfection... and a very strong case for the window die being a new must-have on the Christmas list!
Alison xx

Julie Lee said...

This is stunning! It all works together so brilliantly. A lovely,lovely use of wonderful AO Christmas stamps with beautiful, well chosen elements. The layers on this are 'to die for'! I am in awe! Julie Ann xx

Barb Cady said...

I love this so much I have had to buy the window die! Brilliant card. X

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous! I'm loving the view...and the frame! Fabulous, Linda!

Shelly Hickox said...

The minute I saw the window die I knew it would be perfect with this AO stamp! Love your card. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Paper Profusion said...

This is so beautiful Linda. The window die is so perfect for the gorgeous stamp. Nicola x

Nan G said...

Fab card! Love the texture and vintage feel.

marda said...

This card is to die for...love the window with the little mountain cottage. (One of my fav stamps).
Beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com