|Zoom in on details by clicking photo twice|
I found a top hat pattern on line, but unfortunately I didn't save the URL so I can't direct you to it. It was too small, like a party table favor and I spent quite a bit of time working on my computer/printer to enlarge the pattern pieces. Once I got the sizes right, I traced it onto black CS and then did Tim's riveted metal technique to the main body of the hat. I used 1/4" Wonder Tape to assemble the pieces. Because I wanted the Easter bonnet feel to it, I made my gears pastel, cutting them from brown chipboard, painting them with white gesso and and then dabbing with distress stains in Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry and Dried Marigold. I sprinkled them with Rock Candy Distress Glitter while the gesso was still dry.
The flowers were made with the Tattered Pinecone die and the edging was cut with the Vintage Lace die from white CS. I stained it with Dusty Concord stain and then used Enameled DP on it. The lace edging and the flowers were glued on with Claudine Helmuth's Multi Medium Matte.
The large purple flower was actually left over from my egg carton make last week. I didn't use it then, but it just seemed to fit into my Easter bonnet. It was cut from white CS with the Tattered Florals die, sponged with Dusty Concord distress ink and also coated with Enameled EP. The egg picks were purchased - I wasn't up for making everything :)
Thanks so much for stopping by. Please hop over to Frilly and Funkie to see what the rest of the team has to inspire you today.
These products used to make this project can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique: