Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Artistic Outpost Valentine's Hop

It's time again for this month's Artistic Outpost blog hop.  Our theme this month is Valentine's Day.  I missed the month on the design team when the Cowgirl Strength plate was released and I just got my hands on it and got it inked up.  I thought it made a great approach to the Valentine's Day theme.  And my muse lead me to make it a little funkie so it is also my sample for week two of the Frilly and Funkie challenge to follow our muse.

I created the background hearts by cutting corrugated cardboard and a Pepsi can with Spellbinders dies and created a ruffle with kraft paper twist (I have a tutorial on Saturday StepXStep over at Frilly and Funkie on how I created the hearts).  A little gesso adds a bit of vintage touch.  The images were stamped with Jet Black archival ink, trimmed out and sponged with Vintage Photo.  A red Copic was used to add a pop of Valentine red.  The sentiment "You can't get a man with a gun" is included with the Cowgirl Strength plate and the end "but you can with a smile" was computer generated.

The background was stamped on white card stock with black Jet Black archival, mounted on a sheet of 8x8" chipboard and embellished with black crocheted lace.

Now I hope you will hop along with our brand new 2013 Artistic Outpost Design Team - just an amazing collection of talent that I am so honored to be associated with.  Here's the hop lineup and links so you can pay them all a visit.


And be sure to stop by Frilly and Funkie to see what the Funkie team has to share. We have amazing new talent starting over there today too:

24 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Linda, this is fabulous! Cannot wait to see your tutorial on Saturday. Bravo!

Jenny Marples said...

Oooooh, fantastic hearts Linda. Looking forward to your tutorial on Saturday too. Hugs, Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love this, Linda! The ruffled hearts make fabulous frames for those feisty cowgirls - wow!
Alison x

Leona said...

Your articles and contents are inspirational.
valentine hearts

Sophie said...

Wow,wow,wow!
Brenda, mir bleibt der Mund offen...
Was für eine exellente Arbeit.
Es sieht einfach fantastisch aus, und ich würde mich crazy über diese Karte freuen.
Die ganze Kombination ist super.
xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow, this is brilliant! Love the three hearts and how you have put them together! The ruffles behind them are so clever too, and I love how you have used the stamps! Great piece altogether!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Very striking Linda, love how you showcased the cowgirl images in hearts. Great texture and pop of red too. Gorgeous. Tracy x

Suzanne C said...

Those hearts are phenomenal! The fringe effect with the metallic paisley are fab! Love how you have used the cowgirls on this!

Maryanne said...

I love this! I can't wait to see how you did the hearts.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Amazing! First thing I thought of was old heart tins....you sure can make paper sing GF.......beautiful piece..

lilscrappers said...

haha, perfectly vintage. I love it. I never figured out how to cut the can to get it flat for a spellbinder. Looking forward to the Sat. step by!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous vintage wall hanging! Love all the added texture and the ruffle around the hearts! Fab BG paper you created with the cow print image!

Terry said...

I am not sure how you managed to add rustic, vintage and pure elegance all in one gorgeous creation! I love what you did with those hearts and images! This just rocks!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Linda, love the metal and can't wait to see the step x step for the frills ! Sue C x

Michelle said...

Beautiful work! I love the hearts. The ruffle reminds me of the vintage candy boxes.

Lori said...

You do the most gorgeous work with the most mundane of items! I LOVE this, it's fantabulous!

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOW- love the hearts with the metal and cardboard touched- and the pop of red. I will look forward to seeing your tutorial!

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Linda and I love the tongue in cheek piece with the cowgirls!
Hugs
xx

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful piece, just love the metal hearts within a heart and such clever use of the cowgirl plate and sentiment.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Kate Yetter said...

Oh, Wowzer, Linda! Stunning! I want it! I love the ruffled and metal hearts. The embossing adds lovely texture. I wasn't crazy about this stamp set but I LOVE how you used it. Its awesome, girl!

Sandi McLean said...

Fabulous cards!

marda said...

LOVE this!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

A gun would work pretty well too! LOL! Love this cowboy up project...amazing what you've done with these stamps!

Laurart said...

Absolutely amazing! I love this! from Laura xxxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com