Saturday, November 10, 2012

Snowy Background



Good Saturday morning friends!  I'm back today with my weekly challenge card for Our Creative Corner.  This week the talented Ms. Sue Butler is our hostess and she is challenging us to make our own background.  And I do mean it's a challenge!  Wait 'til you see the cool makes the design team has created!  I did a pretty simple masked and stamped background, starting with the music stencil from Tim Holtz, I then stamped over it with the music stamp from Artistic Outpost in Jet Black Archival Ink.    To add a little extra interest, I stamped a random dotted pattern in Snow Cap acrylic paint.

Other than that, it is pretty straight forward.  The holly leaves were cut with a Tim Holtz die as was the snowflake rosette.  The small snowflake in the center of the rosette is a SU die and the tiny snowflakes are from a Martha Stewart punch.  Santa and the sentiment are from the Artistic Outpost set Snowy Woods.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you will visit us over at Our Creative Corner to see the other fantastic art pieces by the design team members!


The following products are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique - this week we are having a 10% off sale!

20 comments:

silvergran said...

I really like this card!! Great colours!! Santa has such a lovely smile too!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Gosh Linda this is a stunning card, and your Bg is wonderful. You add such great elements to enhance your whole theme it is fabulous.
Smiles:)
Sue

BEARKIS said...

Gorgeous!!!My admirations!!!!

Sophie said...

Eine gelungene und wunderschöne Weihnachtskarte.
Der Hintergrund ist fantastisch und die Karte wirkt sehr fein.

Ganz liebe Grüße

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Super super gorgeous!!! I love your background.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

I LOVE you using the music overlay to create a part of your background, then mixed with the smaller music! The non-traditional color combo is wonderful :-)

Runs with Scissors said...

Beautiful card Linda. I love the "frost" on the leaves and your background is fabulous.

Terry said...

Beautiful vintage feel and the background is wonderful! Love the frosted effect on the Holly Leaves! Happy Weekend!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love the beautiful background you created and the card is fantastic!!! Love it... :)

LeAnne said...

Love---that's all----just pure love! Beautiful images, beautiful background, beautiful Santa & beautiful snow = LOVE!

Words and Pictures said...

I'm with LeAnne - I love everything about this... the kraft and sepia tones, the snowy white highlights, the gorgeous AO stamps (so excited - I have the Christmas sheet en route... yes, I'll be giving in soon), the layout, and - of course - the music in the background! Gorgeous..
Alison x

Unknown said...

Beautiful work. Love the Santa and your background is just Amazing!!!!

marda said...

Love everything about this...it seems so does everyone else. Just beautiful Linda.

Evelyn S. said...

This is so "earthy," and yet so elegant, Linda! Wonderful use of all those fabulous details.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

I'm missing words, that's such a beautiful Christmas card.

Lisa Minckler said...

You're not kidding it was a challenge. Why when you are challenged to do it, your brain freezes up and slips out your ear?? OH, just me??? Haha
Well, I'm gonna have to join the band wagon and chime in with how wonderful your Christmas card is. With all you have going on, you haven't dropped the ball on being an inspiration Linda.
hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Barb Turpin said...

I love the little mini snowflakes, the sparkle, and as always the gorgeous vintage feel to this card.

Sharon Wheet said...

Linda, I ALWAYS love your creations. They are so gorgeous! and I just love how you tell us, that it is pretty straight forward. {smile}. I love your classic vintage look for your holiday card. Very stunning!
Hope your weekend was wonderful. hugs, sharon w

Sophie said...

Linda, all your creations are really wonderful!

Lili said...

Wow Linda! What a beautiful card and you background is just gorgeous! I love how you put all the elements together and the vintage look.
Hugs ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com