Saturday, October 27, 2012

One Last Halloween Card...


While I am not actually a big Halloween fan, I do love the Gothic spookiness of vintage Halloween art and always love making Halloween paper crafts.  This week at Our Creative Corner, the lovely Marcy Kaminski is hosting our challenge and she has given us a really cool theme:  Masking for Halloween - use the masking technique to make a Halloween inspired paper craft.  

For my making, I used the Mini Halloween 3 set, stamped the skull, cut a mask of the skull and then stamped the web and the spider over top of the mask.  In my imagination, I could see this piece in the sharp contrast of black and white and that's where my mojo took me.  The main stamped panel was cut and framed with an older Spellbinders die, the background piece was embossed with the TH Halloween Words and Cobwebs TF.  My piece of filigree metal was painted with the Retro Highway Vintaj patina paint in black and affixed with Claudine Hellmuth's Multi Medium Matte.  My fence was cut with the Iron Gate die, the bottom portion embossed with the Regal Flourishes TF, the highpoints swiped with embossing in and embossed with Sticky EP and then I applied Rock Candy Distress Stickles Dry Glitter while the EP was still hot.  The gate spikes were embossed with Black Soot Distress EP.  The Vintage Lace die cut strip was dabbed liberally with Brushed Pewter Metallic DS and then I applied UTEE and heated embossed it.  

Please stop by Our Creative Corner to see the Masking for Halloween pieces our design team has created to inspire you to make one last Halloween piece.







The following products used to make this card can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

11 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love the dramatic b&w... what a great Halloween choice - like all those scary films... Nosferatu springs to mind!
Alison x

Lisa Minckler said...

Linda what a eerie Halloween card and I dare ask how Mr. Bones received that hole in the center of his head.. :( Your mojo did you well on this card and the die cuts and embellishments set the scene wonderfully. Especially like that raggedy torn looking banner, that couldn't be more perfect for the theme!
Hope you have a good weekend,
Lisa xx

Unknown said...

This card is amazing Linda. Absolutely stunning design and I love the black and white colour scheme you have used. Perfect.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

oooo, ahhhh.... so many layers of halloween yumminess. the fence row is my very favorite part of your creation... I'm a flurde'lis freak (I have them stenciled around my dining room). is that thingy in the top left corner resin?

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love the black and the white!!! Awesome design!

MarcyK924 said...

SO cool Linda - I LOVE the black and white! I knew immediately that it was the skull you masked - PERFECTLY creepy! I'm so glad you had fun with this challenge! xo

Pam said...

Love the black & white! So much spooky goodness on this card. Love it!

HappyCrafter said...

Very cool looking! you did a good job with the masking, and I particularly like the effect of the textures etc. and use of Utee.

marda said...

Great Halloween card...nice and gothic. I FINALLY finished my Halloween paper crafts...none to soon as they had to go out in the mail. Now I should probably make one like this for ME!!!!

Michelle Webb said...

Excellent Linda, I love the monotone and all the embellishments. Fab. Michelle x

Terry said...

Very striking, Linda! Love the use of black and white with all those fabulous embellishments! Very cool!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com