Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #3


Here's my inspiration photo for Week #3 of the 12 Tags of Christmas challenge that I have running through December 15.  

For those of you who read this post earlier about my broken camera and lousy phone photo, I was able to borrow my daughter's point and shoot and have updated the photo so it actually looks decent!

Here are the deets on this week's tag.  It was sponged with Frayed Burlap distress ink and then I stamped BELIEVE from the Tim Holtz Mini Holidays set with Frayed Burlap to create a background.  The flourish was cut with the Elegant Flourishes die from Grungeboard and sponged first with Pitch Black and then Gold Acrylic Paint Dabbers.  The little flower was cut with the Tattered Florals die from Very Vanilla CS, then it was spritzed with Heirloom Gold and Vintage Photo spray, crumpled up, dried and then dabbed with the Gold paint dabber.  The center is a crystal from my beading supplies.  The "sheet music" is a stamp from the new Tim Holtz set Mini Holidays 3, stamped onto vellum.  

Continuing my tag theme of December 25th, for the 25, I punched the numbers from a stamp from the Ultimate Grunge stamp sets, edged them with Vintage Photo DI and mounted them on the Type Charms.  The Believe tag was copper so I dabbed it with gold ink and then clear embossed over it.  I used a piece of Tim Holtz Lavish Trimmings across the bottom.  I went over it with the Gold paint dabber before gluing it down. The stars are from a Sizzix die and were embossed with Judi-Kins Egyptian Gold EP.  The metal corner is from my Etsy boutique.  

I hope you will want to play along with me as I do my 12 tags project.  You can find all the challenge "rules" here.  And just a reminder, you can complete the challenges in any order you please.  The only deadline is the final one December 15th.  If you have linked a project to each of the 12 tag posts by December 15th, your name will go in a drawing.  There will be one random winner and the prize is your choice of a piece of my artwork or a $25 shopping spree in my Etsy boutique.  

POST UPDATE:  A reader asked about the sheet music.  It's a stamp from the new Tim Holtz Mini Holidays 3 set.  



12 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love the colours, gorgeous trace x

Asas à imaginação said...

Olá,Linda!
Hoje conheci seu blog e fiquei encantada com seu trabalho, ele é adorável!
Gostaria de participar de '12 tags de Natal', posso?...sou do Brasil.
Abraços!
Marlei

scrappychica said...

what an absolutely stunning tag! I absolutely love the warm vintage elegant feel of it and could be the centerpiece to any gift!
I am intrigued with the "musical note" paper you used. It's a sheet music from Christmas Carol. Did you print that on vellum? Its really a beautiful touch.

Lori said...

Oooo, this is gorgeous Linda! Love that corner embellishment!

Conniecrafter said...

sooooo cool, I love the sheet music and the way the date is hanging with the charms!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Love this one Linda, all the embellishments are great, hope you find a suitable camera soon.
Smiles:)

Unknown said...

Wow Linda this is stunning as is all your beautiful creations, had to become a follower so I dont miss anything would luv to join in on the tags although they will not be up to your standard, a great inspiration found here.
Chris x

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely stunning tag ! i am absolutely love the warm vintage elegant feel of it and could be the centerpiece to any gift ......
discount card printing
custom gift cards
plastic card
Scratch Card

jude said...

Wow you so inspired me with this tag and neutral colours ive sat and made one..!Thankyou for getting me in the crimbo mode..lol
judex

Kate Yetter said...

So far this tag is one of my favs! Love all the details. You put everything together so perfectly.
Kate

DeeDee Catron said...

Linked up for the day! I SWEAR there's inspiration from your tag! And maybe a bit of TH's ;) my work always just runs with itself.. lol ♥

Jen said...

Love the tiny music sheet! Beautiful tag Linda!

Jen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com