Friday, January 14, 2011

A Cherry Blossom Birthday

Good morning!  I hope you are all well and surviving any recent snowstorms.  We're looking forward to a sunny weekend here in south Florida with temps in the mid 70's F and nights in the mid-50's - perfect winter weather!

This fortnight at Fairy Fun Friday, our challenge to you is to make a birthday card.  I used the Cherry Blossoms digital image from the Prairie Fairy to enhance my vintage card. It was colored with Copics.   I used the current sketch from the Shabby Tea Room to determine my layout.  The image, I believe, is from the Graphics Fairy.  The Happy Birthday label and the sentiment banner were both printed on my home printer.  They were sponged with Stormy Sky distress ink and dabbed with alcohol ink gold mixative (which I seem to be finding a lot of uses for lately).  The DP is digital and is from Raspberry Road.  The ribbon is (retired) from SU!, trim from Jo-Ann, used the Cuttlebug Script embossing folder and sponged almost everything with Antique Linen distress ink.

I think that's all the details, but feel free to leave me a question if you need further information or clarification.  As always, I appreciate your comments from the bottom of my heart.
Challenges Entered:

Flourishes - The Beauty of Vintage

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Linda, I love how you've used the gold alcohol ink, adds a real vintage element. I have to say I love your new look blog too ! I'm trying to alter mine but am failing miserably, just wish I had a little more know how !
Sue C
x
P.S. Could do with a couple of 70 degree days here in the UK :-)

Suzi Mac said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love all the pretty details, the cherry blossoms look so fab with that vintage image. Once again your creation is stunning. Can you send me some of that sunshine. It's freezing here with dark grey skies. Oh for some natural warmth from the Sun. I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Suzi x

Lori said...

Wow wow wow this is stunning, my jaw dropped open when I saw this at the dt blog, love your design and layout!

Margreet said...

Oh Linda....this is a real treat for the eyes...that ribbon is so lovely....have a nice weekend!
xxx Margreet

Juls said...

wow!!!! this is just too beautiful for words! Hugs JUls

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful! Love the layout and can see all the layers you used. Just gorgeous! Like the new look to your blog too.

Anonymous said...

Linda, what a wonderful new look for your blog and so easy to read! I love it! Beautiful card as well! I just spent yesterday creating a new header for my blog too!

Netty said...

Oh wow such a gorgeous card, am so loving it. Annette x

Sian said...

Beautiful card, love all the different layers and textures. Love your technique with the alcohol ink (must have a try), and your blog header etc is wonderful.
Have a great weekend hugs

nessy said...

oh this card is just gorgeous ~ delightful and so beautifully made!
vanessa xx

Lori said...

Another beauty! And, I never would have thought about sponging the gold mixative, but, I know now, and I will DEFINITELY try this. Keep forgetting that it's just not for alcohol ink techniques! lol!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Linda this is so exquisite that beautiful image surrounded by that wonderful blossom, along with the design this looks superb.
hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning Linda. What a gorgeous combination of images. Breathtaking. Love the new blog look too!

Double wow!

xoxoxo

MD said...

superbe bravo md

Clare said...

So beautiful, love the flowers, great texture, just lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room! : )

Kelly said...

The cherry blossoms were made for this card, so striking!

Miriam said...

WOW! You always have a lot going on on your cards but it is never "too much". You know how to balance lots of elements. Just Beautiful!

Mary Cassidy said...

This is just a beautiful card!!! BTW, we have 2 feet of snow and well below freezing temps here in western Massachusetts.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love all the layering and texture, pretty image!

PapierGirl said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the beautiful details and the stamping is superb - thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Cor* said...

Linda, this is so vintage...lol.....Great use of those blossoms with that image! Fantastic!

Debbie said...

An absolute vintage charmer ... thanks for sharing your creation with us this week in the Tea Room, Linda :)

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Linda - this is beautiful and so rich with textures! Love!

Cheers,
Susan

Brenda Brown said...

Linda this is just amazing work, I love everything about it.
Thanks for sharing it with us at The Stamp Man.
I hope you are having a good week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

The Stamp Man said...

I love your card, it's stunning!!

Thank you for entering The Stamp Man distress challenge.

Jill

Heather Rogers said...

Oh, I love this Vintage image and all the distressing you did. Another beauty for this challenge.
Thanks so much for playing at BBB. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com