Monday, October 11, 2010

I Was "Most Wanted"

About a month ago, my card won "Most Wanted" (first place) at Our Partner in Crafting Crime.  Because of that, I was invited to be a guest designer this week.  This week's theme is "Shine On You Dazzling Diamond" so basically all sparkle and shine is good to go for this challenge.  Here is the card that I made for this guest DT opportunity. 

I didn't set out to make a monochromatic card, but it just worked out that way with the More Mustard CS and the K& Co. DP.  Everything I picked up to go on the card just blended so nicely and supported the monochromatic style of this card.  This is a super simple card.  The die cuts are Spellbinders Labels Five and a Waltzing Mouse label stamp makes up the main image, while diamond embossed chipboard provides a medallion to hold the ribbon and flower element.  A bit of ribbon, a tiny handmade canvas flower and few sweet buttons finish off the card. 

A hugh thank you to all the ladies over at My Partner in Crafting Crime for picking my card as "Most Wanted".  So happy to be able to play along with your challenge this fortnight! 

Blessings & hugs,
Challenges Entered:
Tuesday Throwdown - Use chipboard
Stampin' B's - Make a Fall Card
Chrisma Cardz - Autumn Colors
Drunken Stampers - Monochromatic
Four Crafty Chicks - Distressing

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I can see why they picked you Linda! You are absolutely fab! Love this card, very elegant!

xo

kelly said...

Lovely colour and paper.


Kelly

Robin said...

We are so honored to have you as our GDT over at My Partner in Crafting Crime! Jenny and I love ALL of your work!!!! Thanks again! Robin

Lori said...

Gorgeous, totally drool material. Love the colors!

Lori said...

Of course you'd be most wanted! your stitching is gorgeous, great dies too, love it!

ellepaulette said...

This is so lovely!! I really like the look and saying. I need to check out those Waltzing Mouse stamps!

Irene said...

Hello Linda

Wow what a gorgeous card I love it - every single detail. It's just perfect.

irene
xxxx

Valerie said...

Very pretty!

Benzi said...

Love that wonderful label stamp and you made good use of the chipboard. It is all just gorgeous. So glad you joined the Stampin B's this week.

Anonymous said...

You never fail to amaze me with your creative designs Linda. This is just stunning ! I love how you've layered the Nesties and the monochromatic scheme is gorgeous. Sue C x

Leanne said...

Nicely done, wowsers! Has that wow factor! Love it, thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Tamie said...

Can you say pop!!! Yeppers your card has the wow factor! I love the colors, ribbon, stitching and the distressing! It is truly and beautiful card thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Lori Turner said...

What a gorgeous card, Linda! Thanks for playing with us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Linda Ledbetter said...

This is a gorgeous example of our monochromatic theme! Thanks so much for joining the Drunken Stampers challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is truly a wonderful creation the colours, that sentiment the bow all totally gorgeous.
hugs
Lorraine x

CuddlyBunny said...

Oy! Love this piece! Beautiful colors!

Thanks for dropping in at the Drunken Stampers craft pub!

HappyCrafter said...

This is so pretty! I like the monochromatic theme, and the rhinestones etc. must make it glitter in real life just fabulously.

Oliva Ohlson said...

The message says it all. I love the bow detail!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com