Friday, May 21, 2010

A Vintage Graduation


It's Friday and it's Fabulous and there's another freebie over at Sugar Creek Hollow! I'm so glad you stopped by today to see my design team card for Sugar Creek Hollow's Fabulous Friday. Our design team was challeged to make a card using our favorite Sugar Creek Hollow image. That's a pretty tough assignment - tough because there are SO many great images in the store. I chose the vintage graduation set from the May release that I have been itching to make a card with. Do you believe I made a card with no sponged or ripped up edges? I wanted it to look very sharp and elegant. I love the way this turned out. I debated quite awhile about putting the flower on it. On one hand, I liked the stark black and white but part of me wanted to throw a little whimsey in so I went with the flower.

For this card I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. It's a new challenge for me - haven't played in that one yet. But I was looking to crank up my mojo with a sketch and I thought this one worked really well with the image. I used the Stars EF from Cuttlebug because anyone who graduates is a star! But I wanted vintage as well so I used the Textile EF for the top layer. The DP is Designer Digitals, printed on my home computer. I used the SU scallop border punch and also a Spellbinders frame die which I stenciled and trimmed to use only a portion of the bottom piece. I made the flower out of crepe paper and the leaves are a Martha punch.

Now I hope you will stop by the rest of the teams' blogs to see what their favorite Sugar Creek Hollow image is. I was super impressed with the work the DT did this week!! And don't forget to stop by the store and pick up your Friday Freebie!

DonnaStephanieLorettaCheriSarahDaniTracy-OwnerKelly♥ ♥MarshaJoanNancy♥ ♥Joseline-DT CoordinatorKristinaCassieBernadette - May Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you are having a wonderful morning. I'll be back later this morning with my post for Fairy Fun Friday. Hope to see you back again then!

Blessings & hugs,

11 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Whew! I am still spinning from all the pure talent in this card! You can use all these patterns and textures with such flair, this card is stunning!!! I love it!
I must find out how to do that crepe paper flower, what a beauty!!!
Blessings! :)

Annika said...

Amazing! I love the sharp contrasts (well, you've seen my cards, lol) and all the fabulous texture! And come on, share how you make them flowers!
Love your work!
Hugs
Annika

Stephanie said...

Another incredible card by Linda... Absolutely love this!

Nancy said...

Linda, this is wonderful...I just love the classic black and white!! The pop of red is awesome!! Pure magic!!

LorettaL said...

I love this stamp too, Linda! Beautiful work!

HappyCrafter said...

What a fabulous graduation card, the embossing on the different layers and the big red flower are great features.

ellepaulette said...

Such a wonderful card! Loving all the layers and that red flower!!!

Bernadette Bliss said...

Just one amazing, beautiful card. I love everything about it.

MiamiKel said...

WOw! What a stunner! Such a vivid and eye catching card, yet the image just stands right out - this is really fantastic, Linda! Have a blessed weekend! x0x0

Joseline said...

Oh I just love this card!! You are such an inspiration. I love all the details you put into all your cards. You are truly an amazing artist.

Cassie said...

ex.quiiiii.site!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com