Saturday, March 13, 2010

Daffodil Delight




This week, Our Creative Corner host, Silke Ledlow, has come up with a tough challenge, at least it proved to be tough for me. It's a color challenge - yellow, pink, green and brown.

I thought it was going to be a piece of cake, but NO!!! I could not find any DP that I liked with the right colors and I didn't really want to use plain colored card stock. So I spent literally hours looking through my stash, through all my digital paper files, surfing the digital scrapbooking sites trying to find the right papers to use. This is the outcome. I'm not crazy about it, but it will have to do as I have already spent waaaaaay to much time on this sample. My brown is Soft Suede and the solid pink is Pink Pirouette. I clear embossed a filigree around the pink CS for texture. The DPs are all digital, printed on my home printer. I really like the convenience of being able to shop for paper on the internet and getting an instant download.

The daffodil image is a digi from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff, an artist I just discovered yesterday. She has some great digi's and is having a 30% off sale through March 14th. Plus she has some freebies on her site. The images were colored with Copics. The sentiment is Whimsical Words from SU's recent Sale-a-Bration.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am always happy to share. Please do stop on over to Our Creative Corner to see the lovely samples for this challenge. Our host, Silke, has a great prize this week. It's a Mystery Package - how fun is that?

Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,

Challenges Entered:

Die Cuts Are Us - Bouquets of Paper
TSG 45 - Yellow Spring Flowers
Ooh la la - Anything Goes
Paper Cutz - Anything Goes
Secret Crafter - Anything Goes
Bee Crafty - Spring + a digi
Rosie D's - Think Spring
By the Cute and Girly - Spring is in the air

29 comments:

marsha said...

Another exceptionally stunning card! I love all your cards and this is another beauty!

Hugs,
Marsha

jjcreations said...

Linda, Linda, Linda......this is absolutely GORRRRRRGEOUS!!!! Love it.

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

What a great image...and you showcased these colors brilliantly!!!! FANTASTIC!!!

Wendy J. said...

Amazing card, Linda! Great job!

LorettaL said...

Linda, I'm going to go explore that artist - thanks for the introduction!!! ;)

Your card is lovely!

Christine said...

Beautiful touch of spring!

Lori Rider said...

This is so pretty - I love it! Your springy colors are just lovely and those daffodils are gorgeous!

Betty said...

I can't believe you don't like this card. It was my favorite from all on the OCC challenge this week!

HappyCrafter said...

I love this card! Great image, colour combo and the overall finished effect is fabulous!

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW Linda, your card is SO pretty! LOVE the beautiful image and layout! What pretty ribbon and shading too!

Have a fun weekend ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Tasha said...

Gosh this is stunning! Sovery elegant. Fabulous colourwork and i love the sentiment
love tasha xx

Sammye Jo said...

Very pretty Linda! Thank you for playing along at DCRU this week!

Sammye Jo
DCRU DT

raindropecho said...

Oh my goodness, this is amazing! There's not enough words to say how pretty this is!
- Ann

LORi said...

Oh So Pretty!!! Love that you shared with DCRU this week!!

HUGS - LORi

Wendi said...

Wow this is such a pretty card I love everything about it, the stitching caught my eye and the beautiful colours
Thank you for sharing this with us at Ooh la La
I do hope we see you again
Wendi

~*Joni said...

This is so pretty! I love daffodils, they truly remind me of springtime and the promise of a new day. Wonderful job with these colors! Love those flowers, thank you so much for joining us at DCRU this week!
~*Joni DCRU DT

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Bee Crafty & DCRU this week!!
Sheri
Bee Crafty DT & DCRU DT

Carolyn said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the beautiful colors and design!

I am going off to see your tutorial.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! Love the soft colours and the layout! Hugs Juls

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card, I love it. Thank you for joining in with OLL this time
Beryl x

pinky said...

This is so beautiful,great colouring, I love that image, perfect for our spring challenge. Thanks for sharing at BTC&G
Pinky

Mervi said...

Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card and playing with us at Rosie D's Challenge, good luck;-))m

Victoria said...

fab card - so pretty with the daffs

thanks so much for joining in at Bee Crafty
Hugs
Victoria
x

Silke Ledlow said...

Linda - you did a fab job on the colors...this card is gorgeous!!! What a cool layout and your coloring is awesome!!! Hugs ~S~

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card, great colours and sweet images.
luv
Debby

Lisa Jane said...

Daffodils definitely say "spring " to me. A gorgeous card
Great to see you at BTC&G
Lisa ;)

Anne said...

Fabulous card Linda. Glad you could join us at OLL. Hugs x

Jenny Gropp said...

Awesome attention to detail as always -- love the lighter shades of colors you went with!

Bee said...

Beautiful Spring card. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com