Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Portrait of a Flapper




Confusion Reigns!!!
Here's my story - I am currently on three design teams and guest designer on a fourth. My email box is overflowing with messages flying back and forth and I am running short on time due to working so much overtime at work. So when I got the sketch for this week's Creative Inspiration challenge and a digi for next week's challenge within a couple of days of each other, I somehow lumped the two together in my mind and they became one challenge. So, silly me, here is the card I submitted for the Creative Inspirations challenge using this week's sketch and next week's digi. I gave the challenge leader a heads up on what I had done and she decided we should go ahead and publish it this week and I will make another one for next week.

When I first saw this image I was a little concerned because I'm not all that experienced at using digital images and this image is not the style I usually work with. But I must say, I really enjoyed working with this image and brainstorming what a flapper would look like and how to make a card with a feeling of that era. I probably could have done an internet search and found out more about these girls, but I just dove in and went from memory of what I have read in the past.

The card stock is SU's Garden Green and Riding Hood Red. The green DP is from SU and the top layer DP is Graphic 45. The image was colored with Copics and I used red Stickles to color her necklace. The red eyelash yarn was supposed to be reminiscent of the fringe that flappers frequently had on the hemline of their skirts. I probably should have gone to Jo-Ann's to look for real fringe, but I had to work overtime yesterday, got out late and was in a crunch for time to get the card finished and submitted by the deadline.

So the image that I was scared to work with really grew on me and I ended up liking it and the card. Let me know what you think about it! I hope you will stop by Creative Inspirations to see what the other designers created for this week's sketch challenge. And BTW, the image is by Lauretta's Digital Stamps and I'd like to congratulate her on this beautiful sketch and thank her for allowing me to use it on my card!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you've done a brillliant job with your digi image Linda. I love the colours and the paper is gorgeous. Thanks for the kind messages,I've had a lucky week this week ! Sue C x

cheryl said...

wonderful work hun adore that image and those papers are just gojus,fab detail too hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Lauretta See said...

Ohh so Lovely :) So happy to see what you did with my image ;)) great job.. i love it :)

Hugs, xx

Janiel/ janny said...

Oh Linda I think your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I had to laugh because I almost did the same thing!! LOL....... Love your work sweetie and I am so glad tht you are with us this month.
hugs, Janiel

stephanne said...

Well, I suppose you could just resubmit this beautiful creation next week, lol!! I think you have done a wonderful job bringing this image to life, the papers and string are delightful!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

Beautiful Greetings said...

Linda, I think you did an amazing job with this card. You have such a flair for vintage styles and this card is another work of art.

Carol L said...

Your blog is fantastic, filled with beautiful inspiration like today's card. I love love love the look of this card!!!

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous Linda! you did an excellent job with this digi!!!

I was just checking out Lauretta's images tonight...I'm making a wish list! lol

blessings, maria

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com