Saturday, September 19, 2009

OCC Challenge - Strawberries, Chocolate & Pearls

From Our Creative Corner
Have you checked out the OCC challenge for this week? It's an mummm, yummy color challege reminding me of some of my favorite foods. It's an inspiration color challenge featuring the colors hot pink, light pink, chocolate brown and white which reminds me of some of my favorite foods, namely strawberries and chocolate!! even though my mouth was watering, I still struggled with this challenge I think I spent at least three evenings on it! Here is the result. I actually had chocolate brown pearls instead of the white ones, but I re-read the challenge guidelines just before I uploaded and yikes(!!) I realized I missed the color white. So I carefuly pried off the brown pearls and replaced them with the white ones - but I really liked the chocolate brown pearls a lot better!! Anyway, here is my response to Dana's challenge this week. Be sure to check out the challenge and see what the other DT members have come up with to inspire you this week.



Update: Here's another Pink & Brown challenge that I am entering. It's the C. R. A. F. T. Challenge. Check it out and maybe enter your card there too!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Always and So Many Sayings by Stampin' Up!, various clear stamps from Laudry Line (My Mind's Eye)
Paper: Stampin' Up: Close to Cocoa & Pink Piourette (retired), K& Co.
Ink: Versamark, Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels One and Lattice Borderabilities, silver EP, Martha Stweart ribbon, Martha Stewart leaf punch, Blue Moon charm, paer flowers by Prima (colored with Copics), Hodege Podge Hardware - Silver, KaiserKraft pearls.

Update: This card was featured on Card of the Week.

20 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Linda - love this card and the Challenge - I will definitely be a player this week!! I am with you - strawberries and chocolate - YUMBLY!! Who doesn't love those chocolate pearls - mind you, those white ones look pretty good too! This is one gorgeous card...what else would we expect from you!! Love it - thanks for sharing AND inspiring!!

Mrs B said...

Linda, your card is just beautiful! I really like your vintage style...
Cindyb

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

I just love your style....this is absolutely gorgeous!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh WOW - this is gorgeous!!! Wonderfully designed!!! The embossing makes the card soooo elegant too!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Jenny Gropp said...

Linda, LOL -- I love that you had to replace the pearls for white ones-- that is totally something I would do- after realizing I goofed on the colors!!!!!!! I got the colors wrong - but could not fix it or replace it at midnight when I uploaded and realized!!!!!!! Lovely vintage feel to your work -- so detailed and always interesting!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous card Linda, I am amazed by the work and the gorgeous detail that goes into your materpieces! FABULOUS!!

Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jennifer :)

Lori Rider said...

Beautiful card, Linda. All the embossing and embellishment are so gorgeous! You definitely have a great eye for detail. I love it!

cheryl said...

wow this is brilliant love your vintage style just awesome love cheryl xxxxx

Anonymous said...

OMG Linda your card is stunning! One of your most beautiful ever!

Abby:)

Anonymous said...

Linda your card is gorgeous, so glad I've found my way here. Will definitely be dropping by again. Sue x

Beautiful Greetings said...

This is one gorgeous card! Your style is unmistakable and that is so hard to do. Great job, I love all of your cards!

Janiel/ janny said...

WOW LINDA!!!!!!!!! Beautiful... I have to say that your blog is FULL of beautiful art!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!
hugs, janny

Wendy J. said...

Love the card and your style Linda. The card is beautiful and has so many interesting details. Great job!

Simone said...

Your card is so gorgeous, I really love it!
Simone

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at CRAFT. Anesha

peggy said...

Lovely card,

Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge.

Peggy xx

peggy said...

Lovely card,

Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge.

Peggy xx

peggy said...

Lovely card,

Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge.

Peggy xx

Claire Phillips said...

What a yummy card - love it! Thanks for playing at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

Suzi Mac said...

Adorable, love all the gorgeous elements. Love the vintage style. Thank you so much for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Hugs
Suzi xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com