Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Kind Word

Greetings, I hope you are all keeping warm today. It was in the 40's here in Miami this morning and is supposed to go into the 30's this evening. This is our once-every-five-years cold snap!

Last night I finished up this bright card. The main image is a large Rubbernecker stamp. I've had this Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie paper for some time and had planned to use it on a Valentine's card, but never got around to it. I wanted to make the tulips red and they matched up great with this DSP. The mint colored trim and ribbon are from a Melissa Stewart scrapooking kit and nicely complimented the tiny mint-colored x's in the paper. The image was stamped twice on 140# watercolor paper using Stewart Superior India Ink and Versamark and then heat embossed with clear EP. They were watercolored using SU reinkers. I trimmed out the extra set, applied Crystal Effects for a glossy shine and mounted them on craft foam for a 3-D effect. I outlined the rim of the frame with silver dimensional paint.

As usual, I finished off the inside panels also. I dug out my Watercolor Garden II set to stamp the tulips on the inside and back. It's an old fav that I haven't used in a couple of years. It was nice to use it again.

I have started prettying up the back panel of my cards also. I sell my greeting cards, so I have to make sure I only use Angel company stamps and that I meet their copyright requirements by stating the copyright information on the back of the cards. I thought this time the back of the card is almost as pretty as the front!

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Tulips by Rubbernecker, Serene Spring and Watercolor Garden II by Stampin' Up!
Paper: Whisper White and Chocolage Chip (SU), Mint scrapbooking paper from Creative Memories and Honey Pie from Cosmo Cricket.
Ink: Rose Romance, Rose Red, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Mint Melody, Stewart Superior Black, Versamark
Accessories: Martha Stewart Punch, SU Brads, Melissa Frances ribbon/trim, Cuttlebug and Floral Borders die.





2 comments:

Sue McMahon said...

Linda! What a VIBRANT card! Soooo pretty!

Wendy Hall said...

Beauuuuuuuuutiful card Linda, Can I have it?????LOL
Have added you to my following, you need to come visit me too!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com