Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Renaissance Cherub


For my first post on my NEW BLOG, I wanted to share my latest vintage creation - Renaissance Cherub.
I recently picked this stamp up in used condition on eBay. It is called Daydreaming Angel by Cynthia Hart. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for the "cracked glass" technique. I stamped the image on Whisper White with Chocolate Chip classic ink and then lightly colored it with chalks. I used a little gold paint on the hair and wings. Then I cut the circle with my Nestabilities, sponged lightly with Creamy Carmel and a little darker with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink. The "hardware" and stars are cut from thin cardboard using the Cuttlebug Floral Borders and Concentric Stars dies which I embossed using gold EP. I was so pleased with the Renaissance look I achieved with this piece.

1 comment:

raindropecho said...

Sooo I was so stunned by the recent posts you had because the cards were so beautiful that I wanted to see your creations from when you first started blogging. This isn't fair - this card is gorgeous! It must be a natural gift! lol. I adore all you do!

- Ann

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com