Wednesday, September 9, 2015

No Stamping Here!

Double click on any photo to zoom in for details. 

Hello friends!  I'm back.  Did you miss me?  I certainly missed you.  Whew, what a crazy summer I have had.  I hope your summer has been great with wonderful family memories, terrific weather and lots of relaxation time with maybe even a vacation thrown in!  My little boutique is growing by leaps and bounds and it has kept me running all summer, especially when I tried to squeeze in a vacation or two :)  But this week, it feels like we are starting to get things under control and I actually had a couple of hours that I was able to spend in my craft room.  

I'm jumping back in with my design team over at Frilly and Funkie for Pamellia's Stamps Be Gone! challenge.  The challenge theme is no stamping allowed.  That's right - no rubber stamping allowed for this challenge.  And I must say with all the amazing products available it's no challenge at all to create a beautiful piece of mixed media art or a card without using a single rubber stamp.  

I know you are probably thinking "well, she stamped there and again there and isn''t that stamped too?"  Nope!  Let me tell you what I did.  First I started with a jumbo manila tag that I sell in my boutique and cut a piece of Melange Tissue Wrap the size of the tag.  Using Ranger's Multi Medium Matte, I brushed on a layer and adhered the tissue wrap to it.  I peeled off the loose edges of the tissue wrap to create a jagged edge.  Using Wendy Vecchi's Crackled embossing paste, I laid down a layer over Tim's Woodgrain stencil.  When dry, I sprayed it with Spiced Marmalade distress spray, Adirondack Color Wash - Meadow and Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold.  Then I lightly bruised the edges of the tag and went over the embossing paste with Vintage Photo DI. Love the color and sheen I achieved but some of the embossing paste flaked off.  Wendy's Crackled embossing paste really needs to be laid down over a substrate of another paste.  But I didn't want to obscure the tissue wrap.  


The vintage card is one we printed at the shop and inserted into one of our fall thank you gifts.  We haven't started including them in our shipments yet so if you order over the next month, you might receive one of these (along with a charm and other goodies to create a fall project).  

I got out my Special Delivery Remnant Rubs (rub-ons) and applied the "Handle With Care", the printing on the vintage card and a little "air mail" rub-on at the top.  Beware, the remnant rubs do not go on well over top of distress ink.  It takes a lot of rubbing and then easing off the top acetate very slowly to make sure it is releasing.  If not, put the acetate back down and rub some more.  Tim's awesome Remnant Rub tool makes the rubbing on much easier!

Using my Friendship Words: Script Thinlits die set, I cut 'Wonderful Moments' out of brown kraft core CS and sanded it to reveal the kraft core.  To finish off the message, I added a sticker from the Small Talk pack which was sponged with Vintage Photo DI.  


Next I raided the store shelves and snatched a Fall Foliage Thinlits die set for myself.  I'm a huge lover of leaf dies and this is the best so far - 14 different shapes and sizes of leaves  -yay!!  I sprayed a piece of white CS with the three sprays I used on the tag, dried it what my heat tool and then cut out leaves.  I sponged the edges of the cut leaves with Vintage Photo DI and crumpled them up a bit.  Using the Tiny Tattered Florals dies, I cut three sizes of mini roses, dabbed them with Scattered Straw distress stain and edged them with Vintage Photo DI.  It was topped off with a scrunched seam binding triple bow that was dyed with Scattered Straw distress stain.  

That's it for this week.  Thanks for stopping by and helping me to get back into the groove.  Please do stop by Frilly and Funkie.  It's the first week of our challenge so it's the week that the Frilly team posts their incredible projects.  Hope you will play along with us too.  Remember no stamping allowed!








The products below were used to create this project.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique were Ranger/Tim Holtz and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.

19 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

A real burst of welcome Autumn colour and I love that bark background! Great to see you getting a little time in the craft room too. Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous mixed media tag, Linda - what a fabulous autumnal glow it has. I love the crackled bark and the tiny flowers look great surrounded by fallen leaves. Magical!
Alison xx

Lisa Minckler said...

That's scrumptious Linda. It blows my mind how you are able to capture the entire essence of a season on a tag! As always, it's a treat to visit your blog and see what you're up to...always inspiring!!
hugs to you,
Lisa x

Maryanne said...

This is a fantastic Fall tag, Linda! I love all the texture and the printed card. I haven't been in the studio most of the summer and I'm hoping to be able to get in there and make something for Fall soon
Your tag is going to be my inspiration!

Jane said...

Great to see you back Linda and wow you are back with a bang..this is just gorgeous..autumnal glory on a tag, I love it x

Astrid Maclean said...

Super fantastic tag Linda, wow, I fell in love the moment I saw those gorgeous colours! Brilliant work with the woodgrain stencil and oh those fall leaves look superb! LOVE this!!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Fantastic tag and details!

experiments in paper said...

Gorgeous and so creative! And happy to hear that with all your new changes (exciting!) you can still find time for you, in vacations, craft room, or wherever!

xxx Lynn

Jane said...

Your tag is absolutely gorgeous! I have been drooling over the fall foliage dies - you really did them justice. Since we don't really get 'fall' here in the desert, I seem to love making fall cards more than anything. You have sparked my desire to get back in my craft room.

Deb said...

Beautiful tag Linda, love those gorgeous fall colours and what wonderful textures. Congratulations on your shops great success and thanks for your amazing customer service! Deb xo

SueC said...

Fantastic tag Linda! Great to see you've had some crafting time. Love the Autumnal colours and the woodgrain texture is a great backdrop for the beautiful image. Sue C x

sarascloset said...

Linda, I have missed your lovely work, and you have come back with a bang with this beautiful autumn tag! I love every layer, especially the wood grain texture, and oh, MY, those leaves and flowers are just gorgeous! What fabulous inspiration!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Linda, this is so warm and toasty! The amber glow you managed to create with inks and sprays is the very essence of fall. I love that some of the crackle paste peeled off, as it adds to the rustic charm of this lovely tag! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kerstin F. said...

Gorgeous, such wonderful warm autumn colours and it's absolutely amazing to every last little bit of detail!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

WOW, it's like I'm looking outside my window! I love all the Autumn colours that ooze off the tag! Stunning Linda :) Happy you found some craft time.

Carol w said...

Pretty tag, love all the different layers in your background and the warm colors.

Cec said...

So glad you was able to play and make this wonderful tag. The colour palette and your flowers and leaves are so lovely and just scream fall.
Hugs!
Cec

Candy C said...

Linda...this tag is just breathtaking. I so love your color palette. Autumn is just around the corner and this tag seems to be ushering it in! I totally love your ephemera that you've used on this. Absolutely perfect for the wood grain background and the autumnal leaves. Love your sweet golden delicate flowers, too. Just beautiful!

Linda said...

Love this tag! So glad I found your blog, now to like your Facebook page.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com