Monday, November 25, 2013

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #10

Hi everyone, it's time again for another tag for the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  I'm back this week with Tag #10.  How are you doing on finishing your tags/holiday projects for this challenge?  You have until December 22nd to link all 12 tags, but if you haven't started, time is running short.  I'd love to have you play along.  You can find all of the challenge requirements in the Tag #1 post here.  And if you are playing along, thank you so much.  I've been swamped any haven't gotten around to visit everyone who has played, but I will be stopping by to take a closer look.

And now for some details on this tag.  I was able to get an ample supply of the new Tim Holtz stencils into the shop so I pulled my first Tim Holtz stencil from the inventory and used it here.  I decided I wanted to stamp inside an oval and then emboss around the oval.  It took a little juggling but I was able to work it out.
To start with, I marked off my oval by tracing around the oval on the texture fade diffuser.   I did the same on a piece of matting paper and cut it out.  Once I trimmed out the middle of the oval, I was ready to get started.
I applied the matting paper to my tag and then embossed the Holly Bough stencil with Pine Needles distress ink.   Then I embossed the holly branch texture fade  on the top and the bottom of the tag, using the embossing diffuser.

The dry embossed Holly Branch was sponged with Pine Needles DI and I stamped the script from Wendy Vecchi's Live and Make Art set lightly and randomly with Walnut Stain DI.  The edges were also sponged with Walnut Stain.  Using the Holly Branch die, I cut the holly leaves from manila CS and sponged them with Pine Needles DI, then swiped them with Picket Fence distress stain.  When dry, I embossed them with the Flourish texture fade, sponging the edges with Walnut Stain.

The Ornate Frame die was used to cut chipboard, which was then painted with Brushed Pewter distress stain and then Pewter distress glitter was added.  I had the Pewter distress stain on my craft sheet, left over from painting the ornate frame.  I spritzed some water on it and then blotted my tag into to it to give it a little bling.  The sentiment was stamped in Jet Black archival.  I dyed the seam binding with SU's Real Red reinker and then applied Brushed Pewter glitter to the mirrored star.

And that's a wrap for tag #10.  Thanks so much for stopping by and if you are planing along, thank you so much for join in.

17 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

Linda another gorgeous tag, I still aim to try and do them all...will I make it?! not so sure but the inspiration has been and is stunning! hugs trace x

Viv said...

Another fab example of gorgeous tag!Great job Linda. x

rachel said...

just beautiful Linda - love this tag xx

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous frame and colours, love this one Linda.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Terry said...

Linda, I love the framing around the Holly stenciling, which is a perfect background for the sentiment! Love this beautiful tag! Hugs!

Maryanne said...

Your tag is beautiful, Linda, as always! I love the holly. It's one of my favorite Christmas symbols. Very lovely!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

This is a beautiful tag Linda! I just picked up the Ornate Frame die last week for my Vintage Canvas project! I still want (NEED) the diffuser though. It's a perfect addition for the Old Fashioned Christmas stamp! Love it!

Words and Pictures said...

The holly looks absolutely fantastic... another really stunning creation, LInda. Like Trace, I definitely plan to do them all still... just working out when!
Alison xx

Barb Cady said...

This is lovely with the shots of vibrant red and the ornate frame. I'm going to enjoy trying this one! Loving this challenge so much! X

marda said...

Beautiful..how do you keep coming up with these great ideas!!??

Zuzu's Blog said...

gorgeous tag. inspirational as ever.

I went off to my craft room last night and made a start... finished this morning but cant find how to link my piece in like i usually do.

Anonymous said...

I love this tag, it is so elegant & beautiful. I am now two weeks behind.... Gulp.

craftytrog said...

Just love the sparkle on this one Linda...great tag! xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow Linda, that's a gorgeour tag with fantastic details. I really love everything on it.

Jane said...

I love holly Linda and I'm delighted to see it feature here. Your tag is just gorgeous, the red accents are super. I have made my project and will get it written up and posted in the next day or so. I'm so glad you took a week out too, it gave me a chance to catch up!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the holly inside the frame an dout!

Hettie said...

Struggling to get these finished but not going to make it! I will finish them all though just for the fun of it.
Thanks for undertaking this challenge and I look forward to 2014s.
Hugs
xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com