Monday, September 26, 2011

It's a Keeper

Good Monday morning to you bloggy friends!  The great thing about Monday mornings is that its time for another Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge.  This week we want you to show us something For Men Only.  Oooohh, tough challenge for a lot of us, right?  I actually like to do a guy card/project periodically, but I will admit that I have to be pushed into it.  This week I made a card for my project.  I used an old favorite stamp set called Keeper from Artistic Outpost and combined it with a newer Tim Holt set Curiosities.   I made a little sign with the Photographs stamp, covering it with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel.  I like the irregular coverage you get with it when you only do one coat.  I created my own designer paper by stamping randomly on kraft CS with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink and the stamps from the Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge set. I finally broke down and bought that set and I love it.  Its fabulous for grungy background stamping!  That layer was scissor distressed on the edges and sponged with Vintage Photo DI.

The shell of the card is black CS and then next layer up is plain white CS that I embossed with the Checkerboard Texture Fade and sponged with Scattered Straw DI.  The fish were stamped onto kraft CS with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink and then I went over them with an olive green Copic to make them look more realistic.  Then I coated them with a layer of  Glossy Accents.
That's about it.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Hope to see you over at the Simon Says Stamp and Show blog.  You know there will be plenty of eye candy to get your mojo started over there. Hope you will leave the other designers some love too!  And if you play, you just might win a $50 shopping spree that is given to a random player each week by our generous sponsor, Simon Says Stamp and Show.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Linda I never seen a card for a man looking this good, absolutely stunning.
Chris x

MD said...

bravo superbe

Nancy Wethington said...

So many wonderful elements on this piece. Love the fish hanging on the wire, the brads, the netting! This is fabulous! As usual, so much talent in one little work of art.

Marjie Kemper said...

This is wonderful Linda. Love your fish and all the special elements. That sign with the UTEE and cord is my favorite part of today's project. Terrific manly piece!

Candy C said...

Linda, I love your Manly piece. The netting you added is really a perfect embellishment for all of the masculine elements on this card. Love the fish..especially the group hanging from the brad. Very cute! Love all of the cream color with the black stamped images and text incorporated into the piece. It's really a wonderful and very fitting "Manly" design! <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous masculine card Linda, love love the layered look and the image is wonderful. Love the use of the netting, a perfect touch with the images you used. I love love the colour palette too, one of my favourites. Tracy x

Lisa Minckler said...

Linda,
Fantastic masculine card! Absolutely love everything about it!!! :D
Lisa xx

Lynne Forsythe said...

MUCH agreed Linda!! but girl...you created an OUT OF THIS WORLD..."manly" card....loving all the texture!!

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is great I love it, there are so many cool things about it.trace x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Linda, I love the stamps you've used ! Absolutely perfect card for any man ! Sue C x

Lori said...

Just fabulous, Linda! Love it!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning project, Linda! I really love the layout and I'm such a fan of Artistic Outpost stamps as well! I really love the gloss you added over the sentiment!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

marsha said...

This is just amazing Linda! There are so many details and everything is so masculine and vintage looking, this is worthy of displaying in an art museum!
Hugs,
Marsha

Trish said...

Oh a stunning card! I love it!

Sarah said...

As soon as I saw this I said Wow, ...that's a real Linda special. I just love that catch of fish! Love the fabulous tones, perfectly stamped images and that's such a wonderful boy and yes... you do need to buy some more! A really great male card Linda - yeah! - vintage card-makers unite!

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

This is just lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my, what can i say,marwelous. did you see my attempt of a tag? i was in here for hours for some inspiration,lol. have a fab weekend

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com