Monday, January 31, 2011

More Love

This week at Simon Says Stamp and Show, we want you to Show Some Love.  So are you tired of my vintage Valentine's Day makes yet?  I hope not, because I am loving making them.  I was going to say three and out, but I think you just might see a few more vintage Valentines from me before the big day. 



So how about showing us some LOVE this week over at Simon Says Stamp and Show?  That shouldn't be too hard, right?   Everybody is doing Valentines this week so get with the program and get your LOVE project entered.  Our fabulous sponsor, Simon Says Stamp, is giving away a $50 gift certificate to some lucky random winner, and I do mean lucky!  I wish I could throw my name into the drawing because I would LOVE to have a $50 shopping spree at Simon Says Stamp.  Have you seen all the amazing new Tim Holtz products that are being introduced at CHA?  Simon Says will have them real soon.  





Okay, enough already and on to the dets.  My images are from a Luna Girl CD that I have had forever.  I fiddled around with PhotoShop Elements and managed to erase their backgrounds and then layered them over a vintage post card.  After liberally smearing them with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, I also stamped a few image stamps around the edges for good measure, most of which were from the Tim Holtz Urban Grunge and Odds and Ends sets.   I dyed some white lace with Broken China Distress Ink, which I also used to make the handmade flower, to sponge over the grunge heart and to stamp the LOVE stamp.  The heart and wings are cut from Grungeboard and I added a little element made from a felt flower, a silk, flower, a ribbon flower and some cheese cloth.

I also had to add a multi-layered paper flower cut with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die (gee, I hope that die never wears out.  Maybe I should purchase a back up - LOL!).  I really liked the fact that this vintage Valentine wasn't in the traditional red or pink colors. 



Now go get busy and show us some LOVE over at Simon Says Stamp and Show.  You just might win a $50 shopping spree at Simon Says Stamp!


I want to give a warm welcome to all my new followers and a heartfelt thanks to those who come here day after day.  I can't tell you how much your support means to me and how encouraging all your lovely comments are.  I LOVE you all!

24 comments:

Sian said...

Beautiful creation, the images are wonderful and love the flowers and bows.
big hugs

Unknown said...

Truly amazing.. This is soooo beautiful. Love the vintage feel. I just love coming here to see your wonderful creations..

Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is so stunning!! What a gorgeous project and such a beautiful Vintage style!! I love it!!

kksb said...

Your card is lovely! The little angel writing on the wall is adorable. The winged heart is cool. Completely different. Totally great.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the color combo, great job with the images and love the touch of lace, lovely flower

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Wonderful project. I love it..You made my morning coffee sooooooo good and got my MoJo movin...I love the "Vintage", "Shabby" and "Old"..
Stop by my blog I've OLD Valentines posted from an auction.

Lori said...

Where do I start? lol! You had me at Broken China, that being my all time fave DI color. This is total, vintage, Valentine goodness, I love the brown with a splash of the blue, awesome indeed!

ellepaulette said...

Each of your creations are just flat out amazing!!! I love visiting your blog to see what goodies you have created!

Beverly G said...

Wow and triple wow--you can really manipulate those images when you get going. This is a beauty and I'm like you-I like it's not red and pink.

Netty said...

Oh wow its totally gorgeous, you are so inspiring. Annette x

Jen said...

Love the vintage valentines you made! I like that you used the blue instead of red. Love seeing your projects!!
hugs
Jen :)

Candy C said...

I LOVE this....absolutely stunning! LOVE the soft colors and the vintage images...and the laces and ribbons and textures! :) Wow...this is just amazing!

Justine said...

WOW Linda this is stunning. I adore each element and inspired to get in my room and make some yummy vintage love notes of my own. I love that flower, I'm not very familiar with any other dies but spellbinders so any info would be fantastic

Shelly Hickox said...

I just came here from the SSS site - I can't believe I've never seen your blog before! You do such gorgeous work. I am now a follower and you're going up on my sidebar so I can stalk you regularly. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work Linda ! I love the colours you've chosen and the vintage style is just stunning.
Sue C x

P.S. Did you know you've won over on The Stamp Man's challenge. Congrats!

Lynne Forsythe said...

oh the SHABBYNESS of your creation....just LUSCIOUS!!

PS...maybe I'm a day late and a dollar short....but did you have a blog "upgrade"?? cause it tooo is Luscious!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh my goodness this is astounding!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love the flowers and the bows.

As a challenge lover, you might also be interested in my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.

PapierGirl said...

Oh my..oh my...oh my!! Linda this is absolutely gorgeous - the detail is unbelievable - alot of love went into this masterpiece!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comments! :)

Janiel/ janny said...

oh Linda dear......THis is STUNNING!!! I would love to have a sit in your craft space and play! Loving all of the details..AMAZING ALWAYS!!!!!!
big hugs, Janiel

jude said...

This is one truly amazingly stunning creation.Just love everything about it!
Your such inspiration and your blog is a delight to visit!
hugs judex

mueppi said...

Your card is so romantic and wonderful!!!
Hugs Gisela

Isabelle Norris said...

Lovely tripich!!
isa

Melisa Waldorf said...

The vintage look with the splash of aqua is so pretty! Wish I had your digi skills. Looks fabulous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com