Saturday, October 30, 2010

OCC Challenge - A Cozy Photo Inspiration

Well friends, another week as come and gone and here I am back again with my weekly sample for Our Creative CornerDiane Gilbert has been an awesome host this month and has really inspired me with some wonderful challenges!  For her final week as host, Diane has given us this cozy inspiration photo from everyone's favorite store - Pottery Barn.


I love the soft warm colors and those charming candles.  For my card, I chose to use the colors here and went a bit heavier on the green than in this shot.  I just received this Because I Care hostess set from SU and was itching to use it.  What a wonderful stamp - my hydranga stamped so crisp and clean.  I opted not to color it, but rather stamped the flourish from Baroque Motiffs over it and then clear embossed it.  With the emboss resist technique, I sponged Scattered Straw distress ink over the entire panel.  I also used a couple of random script stamps from the 7 Gypsies Avignon set.  I made a rosette out of Garden Green DP and also a little medallion for the sentiment using a Martha corner punch.  I added a little trim from Jo-Ann's to the bottom of the DP where it is punched with a Martha border punch and SU oval punch. 

Other than the fact that I think the rosette could have been about 1/3 smaller, I really like how the card came out.  Don't you hate it when you get a card finished and photographed and while you are blogging it, you see something you wish you had done differently...that's how I feel looking at the rosette - LOL. Oh welll, tomorrow's another day and probably another card :)

I hope you will stop by Our Creative Corner to see what my stampin' sistas over there are up to...always a beautiful batch of lovelies to look at on the OCC challenge blog. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Please leave any questions in the comments section and check back later for an update to the post to answer your question.

Have a great weekend and a Happy Halloween!!

Blessings & hugs,

Challenges Entered:
The Creative Cottage Challenge - Embossing
Simon Says,,,,Punch 'Em
4 Crafty Chicks - Roll With the Punches
Meljen's - It's a 2-fer
Drunken Stampers - Before Copics

18 comments:

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, love the soft colours, wonderful background with the flower stamp and the paper flower is wonderful with the big bow on front.
hugs

Wendy J. said...

Linda, beautiful card! I especially love that ribbon(?) you have at the bottom. I picked up "because I care" and tried to use it, then the set Diane used, then the one Dana used, and then settled on a different one! I find that funny!

Lori said...

Holy cow I love these colours, so gorgeous, and I need to make one of these flowers, I love it!

Cor* said...

I love making rosettes. Gorgeous layout and colors! Great distressing!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Linda, your rosette is just stunning ! Sue C x

Lori Rider said...

Beautiful, Linda! I didn't even think about using green, but now I see it in the photo and I love it! Your stamped and paper flowers are really gorgeous - wonderful job!

Lori said...

Ah yes, another flippin' gorgeous creation, oh creative one. lol! It is, really. And OMGee, did you actually fold that rosette? Yay you! lol! Love it, really, the greens are just fab.

Payne Holler Cards said...

toooo hard on yourself! love it and its gorgeous...your cards are always just inspirational knock-outs!
hugs GF (-:

lindyloo said...

Gorgeous card love the colour combo thanks for joining us at the creative cottage lindyloo x

Sarah Gough said...

Very pretty, I love that stamp too!

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWWW Linda this is one awesome creation, I adore the colours for starters, the olde worlde look is gorgeous so is that stamped image and rosette this is stunning work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Diane Gilbert said...

Linda I love your take on the inspiration challenge! Your choice of colors are fabulous!

Tamie said...

Super great card! I love all of the punch/die work on it! What a great inspiration you shared with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Lori Turner said...

Very nice card Linda! Thanks for playing with 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Lori - 4 Crafty Chicks DT

Annika said...

You have the most wonderful ideas. Ever. I actually love that hydrangea uncoloured, your pleated flower is just amazing, especially with that BEAUTIFUL ribbon on top. And the sentiment medallion is priceless! That card is a haven of a pure, unadulterated luxury!! (happy sigh from here)
Hugs
Annika

Leanne said...

Hey thanks for playing with us this week, nice card!

Leanne DT - 4 Crafty Chicks

Dianna said...

Very elegant card! Thanks for joining us at Meljen's Designs!

Dianna, DT Member @ Meljen's Designs

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Drunken Stampers this week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com