Friday, July 2, 2010

Pinwheels Make Me Smile!


Hello and welcome to Fairy Fun Friday, the weekly challenge from the Prairie Fairy. So glad you stopped by today. I feel so out of touch with everyone since I was away on vacation. I have been back five days already, but I am still playing catch-up.

For today's Fairy Fun Friday we have an anything goes challenge, which I think is just the thing for enjoying the long holiday weekend here in the U. S. To play along, all you have to do is link your card on the challenge blog and provide a link back to the challenge blog in your post. You do not need a Prairie Fairy image, but we'd love it if you shopped in Roberta's store. She has some mighty cute new images available so be sure to check them out!

Here's my DT sample for this week's challenge. I used a digital set called Sketchy Blooms from the Prairy Fairy's shop. I made the card with two other favorite challenges in mind - The Shabby Tea Room has a delightful challenge this week called Popsicles and Pinwheels. There is a photo for inspiration and we were to use the colors of hot pink, bright green and turquoise. The other challenge I targeted this card for is Mojo Monday which had a wonderful sketch this week.

Here are the dets on my card: Sketchy Blooms by the Prairie Fairy, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White SU CS, DP is the Life Could Be a Dream digital paper pack from Designer Digitals but I changed the purple in the floral paper to turquoise in my PSE. The embossing folder is Finial Press from SU, used Spellbinders Nestabilities for the square and circle, a Martha Stewart punch was used for the scalloped strip, the sentiment was printed on my computer, the printed flower was paper pieced (by hand, LOL). The tiny buttons are from Jo-Ann's.

I was asked if I had a template for the pinwheel. No, but it's easy peasy. Just start with a square cut toward the center diagonally at all four corners, leaving a small piece in the center uncut. Then just bend in one corner in each quadrant and glue. Isn't it cute? I did use paper that was printed on both sides.

I hope you will take a few moments to stop by the other DT members' blogs and leave them some love. A warm welcome to our newest design team member, Sue from Arty's. Welcome aboard Sue!

Margreet - Margreet's Scrapcards
Suzi - Sugar n Spice
Viv - Crafting Haven
Hege-Annie - Hege-Annie's Paper {He}Art++
Ann - Raindrop Echo Designs
Carla - Carla's Corner
Corry - Fancy Free 4Ever
Lori - Just Ducky
Kelly - Kelly's Kreative Korner
Tonya - Stamp Happens
Trisha - T-Bear's Touch
Sue - Arty's

Don't forget, it's anything goes this week at the Fairy Fun Friday challenge blog. Hope to see you over there!

Blessings & hugs,


Challenges Entered:
Dutch Dare - Floral Inspiration
Magical Crafts - Flower Power
Papertake Weekly - Stitching

24 comments:

Kelly said...

Linda, your card is wonderful I love the way you pulled all the colors together to make a beautiful piece of work.

Margreet said...

So glad you are back again Linda...your card is so great...love your DP and flowers......thanks for explaining how to make a pinwheel!
xxx Margreet

Lori said...

The colours on this card are so fresh and happy. I love pinwheels, they were my favourite toy as a child! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Fab Linda, I love the windmill in the middle ! Gorgeous colours too. Sue C x

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, very colourful and wonderful pinwheel - I must have a go at making one.

Suzi Mac said...

Fantastic card Linda, love the pinwheel and the flowers. It all comes together beautifully with that DP. Love it.
Hugs
Suzi x

Christine said...

Thank you for the pinwheel info, I'd forgotten.....

marsha said...

This is just so creative! Love all the wonderful colors and your design is awesome! Thanks also for the pinwheel instructions!

Hugs, Marsha

CarlaKH said...

gorgeous card....love the different bits of embossing and details!

Kathy Martin said...

Pinwheels make me smile too and so does your fun and colorful card! :)

Donna Moore said...

Fabulous card, love that pinwheel!!! As always, your work inspires me!!
blessings!
donna

Debbie said...

Simply lovely, Linda! I {heart} that sweet little handmade pinwheel! Thanks for sharing your design with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, your card is so cute, Linda! I adore that pinwheel, and what bright and beautiful papers. So perfect for our challenge this week in the Tea Room. Thanks for joining us again.

Lisa said...

Hello Funkie Junkie friend! Tired from our hop? I love your cards! This pinwheel is soooo cute! You make such professional looking cards, you should open a store! So nice to see "friends" here in the Tea Room!

Cor* said...

Amazing Pinwheel flower effect with the PF flower in the corner & that DP, with that sketch, you worked everything so well!!! YAY! Hope your catch up goes quickly !

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous card!! Love everything about it, the pinwheel looks awesome!

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at DDCC!

Hugs, Kelly

Nicole said...

Super cute card! Love the layout, the pinwheel, and the embossed papers. Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Juls said...

too cute!! Love the pin wheel! Hugs Juls

Jill said...

wow Linda what a stunning card I love the pin wheel and your stitching detail thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Mel X said...

Wow, this is stunning. I LOVE your little windmills. When I was little my grandad used to make these, stick them on lollipop sticks and stick them in the garden!

This brings back so many happy memories for me - thank you so much for sharing this with us at Magicial. Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you again next time.

Mel X

Helene said...

Your card is fabulous !

Unknown said...

This is so sweet! I love the little pinwheel! Thanks for joining the Dutch Dare Card Challenge!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card. Great take on the inspiration photo. Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC.

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Fabulous card Linda. Love the colors and pinwheel. Perfect!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com